Any way of adding Dex to damage instead of Str?

Slaved

First Post
Machiavelli said:
These options are, indeed, recipes for disaster. Don't try too hard to optimize them, because they are very fragile.

The shadowblade feat is not too bad. In order to really optimize you need it, weapon finesse, a shadow hand weapon, and be in a shadowhand stance.

Most likely the character will also have a low strength, which has its own host of problems outside of melee damage.

hanniball

First Post
Machiavelli said:
These options are, indeed, recipes for disaster. Don't try too hard to optimize them, because they are very fragile.

I disagree. I've played a Champion of Corellon Larethian before with a heavy focus on the Dex/Int to damage aspect. I threw in a little sneak attack to up the TWF damage potential and it turned out to be a very formidable finesse-based warrior (despite being an elf). Jack Dex and Int through the roof, keep enough Con to survive, dump Wis and Cha and have just enough Strength to carry gear.

Swashbuckler 3/Rog 3/Ftr 2/Shadow Thief of Amn 4/Champion of Corellon Larethian 4/Nightsong Enforcer 4

HD: 7D6 +9D10 +4D8 (~97 HP)

Feats: Persuasive (1), Weapon Finesse (swash 1), TWF (3), Improved Initiative (6), Mounted Combat (ftr 1), Dodge (ftr 2), Staggering Strike (9), Combat Expertise (SToA 2), EWP: Elven Thinblade (SToA 4), ITWF (12), Mobility (CoCL 1), Elusive Target (15), Karmic Strike (CoCL 4), Combat Reflexes (18)

+18 BAB, +6D6 sneak attack, evasion, uncanny dodge, Dex+Int to damage, and a decent skill list.

When TWF her Thinblades and flanking she is quite the devastating opponent. Elusive target protects her against those that attempt to take advantage of her Karmic Strike-lowered AC by Power Attacking. Staggering Stike is just a favorite of mine, it can easily be removed for something more potent, like Double Hit.

Either way...just my 2 cp

bestone

First Post
Yeah, check the twinkers handbook ...errr i mean, bo9s, thast your best bet, you can put your best stat in dex, and use that for everything!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Klaus said:
Seems like a feat that should exist, with Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise and a decent BAB (say, +6)...
If you're okay with a three-feat progression with no particular prerequisites from Book of Nine Swords:
1) Martial Study feat for a maneuver from Shadow Hand.
2) Martial Stance feat from Shadow Hand.
3) Shadow Blade feat adds Dex bonus to damage with a bunch of weapons.

They have access to various levels of maneuvers and stances, depending on the (initiator) level at which they take the feats.
-blarg

Seeten

First Post
Shadow Blade feat + Martial Stance feat for Child of Shadow, and you get: 20% concealment and dex to damage all the time. A nice pair of feats, and a human can do this at first level.

Slaved

First Post
Seeten said:
Shadow Blade feat + Martial Stance feat for Child of Shadow, and you get: 20% concealment and dex to damage all the time. A nice pair of feats, and a human can do this at first level.

Martial stance requires knowing a maneuver though.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Addendum to my suggestion: Martial Study and Martial Stance are both fighter feats. So a human fighter could get Dex to damage at first level, then Weapon Finesse at second.

Huh. I think I might do that next game I'm playing in.
-blarg

Remove ads