Any way of adding Dex to damage instead of Str?

Klaus

First Post
Title pretty much says it. I'm looking to building a Dex-based melee character (Weapon Finesse is a given).

Slaved

First Post
The feat Shadow Blade from the tome of battle works for that. It has a limited list of weapons that it works for and you have to be in a shadowstance to gain its benefit but those restrictions are not too bad.

You could simply take 2 levels of swordsage and be pretty well off in this area.

VonRichthofen

First Post
IF you're an Elf: Champion of Corellon.

Otherwise, as noted: Shadow Blade. Very powerful, usually balanced by crappy weapon selection. BUT: Can be used with spiked chain. Again. Recipe for desaster.

pbd

First Post
Also, the "Champion of Corellon Larethian" PrC from "Races of the Wild" gains that ability at 2nd level. Gotta be an elf or half-elf though.

Ah beaten to the punch...

Shadeus

First Post
Not to state the obvious, but Swashbuckler has the Int bonus to damage and frequently graceful fighters have a decent Int. I know that isn't what you asked for, but I guess I wanted to state an obvious option if Dex wasn't possible.

Klaus

First Post
Yeah, I'm aware of the Swashbuckler Int-to-damage (in lieu of Str) and the Champion of Corellon Dex-to-damage (on top of Str).

Seems like a feat that should exist, with Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise and a decent BAB (say, +6)...

hanniball

First Post
The Corsair nets you Dex to damage at 9th level. It can be found in Dragon #321.

The Fierce enhancement from the Arms and Equipment guide will allow you to transfer your Dex bonus from AC to Damage.

The Sword of Graceful Strikes (A&E again) allows you to use your Dex instead of your Str on melee attacks damage rolls with the sword.

Either way...just my 2 cp

Last edited:

zypherillius

First Post
Klaus said:
Yeah, I'm aware of the Swashbuckler Int-to-damage (in lieu of Str) and the Champion of Corellon Dex-to-damage (on top of Str).

Seems like a feat that should exist, with Weapon Finesse, Combat Expertise and a decent BAB (say, +6)...

i thought swashbuckler added int as well as strength? thats how i read it, and its even more devistating with appropriate magic items :)

saucercrab

Explorer
zypherillius said:
i thought swashbuckler added int as well as strength? thats how i read it, and its even more devistating with appropriate magic items :)
[Ed McMahon]
You are correct sir.
[/Ed McMahon]

Int & Str to damage with light & Weapon Finesse-able weapons. It's quite explicit.

Remove ads