WotBS WotBS #1: The Scouring of Gate Pass

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's finally here! The first adventure in the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga has been released! The Scouring of Gate Pass is available for download separately for $5.99, or as part of the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga Subscription. Subscribers should have received their downlaod links already.

The adventure contains two versions (a pretty colour version, and printer-friendly black-and-white version), a separate RTF file containing all the stat blocks for the adventure, a PDF full of lovely colour maps and battlemaps, and, best of all, a special coupon for those who can't quite decide whether or not to buy the full subscription: if you buy The Scouring of Gate Pass and later decide to buy the whle saga, the priceof the subscription will be reduced by the cost of the first adventure - so you don't wind up paying for it twice!

[bq]The dramatic beginning of the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga, The Scouring of Gate Pass kicks off a war of epic proportions as a mighty magical empire marches for conquest. Their first stop is the vital mountain road through the city of Gate Pass, where the PCs, not yet aware of the role they will play in the coming conflict, lie in the path of a military juggernaut.

As Gate Pass falls under attack, the heroes are tasked with delivering critical intelligence out of the city and to a distant safe haven. First, though, they must deal with agents of the invading empire, spies from other nations, avaricious bounty hunters, and deadly inquisitors. The information they carry may decide the fate of this conflict, the War of the Burning Sky.

Welcome to the first adventure in the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga. Throughout the course of the campaign saga, a party of heroes will become involved in an escalating war between mighty magical nations, and after many adventures, military battles, and mysterious intrigue, it will be up to them to decide who will emerge victorious and rule in the aftermath.
[/bq]

JDragon

Explorer
Well I'm going to get things started with the first ? for people.

Based on the play tests and such approx how many hours do you think it will take to play the first adventure?

I'll be running once a week for 3 - 4 hours per session, starting toward the end of Feb.

JD

Jason Anderson

First Post
Bought it, downloaded it, read it, and I just wanted to say well done on a fantastic job! I thought you structured the adventure well, and gave lots of suggestions on how to handle the PCs doing things in an unexpected way (as well as lots of optional "side encounters" to make the place seem more real). I look forward to seeing the rest of the adventures in the series!

(And this is coming from someone who doesn't play/run d20, prefering different rulesets and modern/future settings :) )

Cheers,
Jason

Malvoisin

First Post
I just downloaded my copy of the adventure, and haven't had a chance to read much yet...

But I did want to give major kudos to everyone at ENPublishing for the design/packaging choices....the B&W version, the player's maps, the printable stats, etc. These are all great inclusions that demonstrate that you guys are listening to feedback and ideas, and trying to give your customers the most fun and useful product you can.

Great job, gentlemen! :)

meomwt

First Post
I haven't had chance to more than skim through the pdf, but I am impressed by the premise, the artwork and the plot of the adventure. It's certainly more than your average dungeon crawl.

The whole package is much more than I expected, and much thought has been put into it.

Gate Pass is a challenging and unique setting, one which had me thinking "Why didn't I do that?" I showed the map of the city to my wife, and she was wowed by it as well (she also started thinking about rogueish ways to work around the cityscape ;) ).

Congratulations, one and all. You have a happy subscriber. I am looking forward to the next adventure.

Vanuslux

Explorer
I've only skimmed it, but it looks pretty good so far. It's definitely a departure from standard dungeon crawl fare, which is cool. Hopefully I'll be able to get a group together to see how it goes in actual play.

Retreater

Legend
I rec'd my link today, but unfortunately haven't been able to look at it since I'm at work (and don't have the ability to install UnZip programs on the staff computer). Anyways, maybe at lunch I'll get a glimpse of it.

I'm very psyched to see what happens in WotBS.

Retreater

sirwmholder

First Post
Great Job!

Awesome... I just finished reading through the first adventure and wow... the attention to detail is remarkable. From reading the Campaign Guide and Player's Guide I think I can see were some of this is heading already and I'm very excited about what comes next. I do have a question for the Author....

[SBLOCK] - Have all standard evil races sided with evil humans? or do all races have the capacity for good and evil?
- In the last encounter Goblins are working along side of humans and half-orcs... is this typical or are they under some form of spell?[/SBLOCK]

I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment,
William Holder

Last edited:

Remove ads