Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
The night is peacefull, and in the morning the open road calls you onward. After most of another day's trek, an unpleasant but familiar smell catches Rowans attention. He stops to identify the odor, and the others notice it as well. A miasma or rotting flesh wafts through the forest.

Patlin

Explorer
On further investigation, it would appear that a large number of creatures have moved through this way, apparently heading northeast. It's not clear why this area of forest has seen so much traffic. Whatever came through here, it left its stench (and the occasional droplet of decaying flesh) behind it.

Heckler

First Post
"Lucien, is this what I think it is? This would probably be a good time to get that quarterstaff I keep forgetting"

Rinya will start searching for a branch that can be used as a quarterstaff.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan examines the trail and contemplates the foul stench. "There's only one thing worse than weasel smell, and that's zombie stench."

OOC: Is that right? Does it smell like the zombies Rowan fought in the mill?

"Zombies are bad news. They have no mercy on any living thing. They tend to be slow, though, the ones I met were, anyway. We should tackle this one. The question is, do we follow the zombies, to find and destroy them? Or should we track their trail, to try to find where they're coming from, and try to destroy their creator? I would say the zombies. They're the more immediate threat."

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Rowan examines the trail and contemplates the foul stench. "There's only one thing worse than weasel smell, and that's zombie stench."

ooc: That's the smell exactly! No mistaking it.

Heckler

First Post
Manzanita said:

"Zombies are bad news. They have no mercy on any living thing. They tend to be slow, though, the ones I met were, anyway. We should tackle this one. The question is, do we follow the zombies, to find and destroy them? Or should we track their trail, to try to find where they're coming from, and try to destroy their creator? I would say the zombies. They're the more immediate threat."

"I agree. We can backtrack them to thier source easily enough. How best to fight them, though?"

Patlin

Explorer
Having agreed to follow the Zombies, do you wish to take any particular precautions first?

Rinya find a good stout stick, but unless she spends an hour or so working on it, it will be penalized as an improvised weapon. She can make it into a quarterstaff with a DC 12 Craft Weapons check, which will basically amount to trimming and shaping it to get the balance right.

Remove ads