Unorthodox modern goths? How about a RPG on Subcultures instead?

Really, I had some silly idea for a d20 modern game on 'underground' subcultures.

There would be base classes such as:
-Goth
-Metalhead
-Punk
-Hardcore Kid
-Raver
-Hippie
-Emo/Indie Kid
-Rivethead

And then prestige classes such as:
-Straight-Edge Vegan (Mainly for hardcore kids)
-Mod (mainly for indie kids who want to go back to an older subculture)
-Troo Kvltist (metalhead prestige class specializing in Black Metal and demonic powers)
-Power Metal Crusader (metalhead who uses medieval weapons)
-Candy Raver ()
-DJ (mainly for ravers)
-Graver/Cybergoth (for multiclass ravers and goths)
-Death rocker (for multiclass goths and punks)
-Necro Death Extremist (metalhead prestige class for death metal, with powers of necromancy)
-Anarchist Punk (iconic punk prestige class)
-Junglist (For a more 'tougher' raver, into jungle and DnB)
-New Age Mystic (mainly a hippie prestige class, but for some ravers or goths)
-Doom Monger (a prestige class for depressed metalheads and the occasional goth)
-Invisible Ninja Fighter (hardcore kid prestige class that specializes in beating up invisible enemies)
-Skinhead (for really tough working class hardcore kids and punks)
-Greaser (for punks sort of going back to the subculture that came before them)
-Goa Head (for multiclass raver/hippies)

tadk

Explorer
Rockin

Totally rocking idea here Kobold

If you dont do it, I am going to start something along these lines

TK

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Kobold, you do know that the proper term for greasers (as you intended) are rock-a-billies. The term greaser in itself is a derogitory term that was first used against mexican-americans AND italians up until the 1920s but then later applied to the rock-a-billy and rocker culture that evolved in the 1950s.

I mention this because alot of times when I hear the phrase thrown around its used as a derogitory term against latino rock-a-billies (though I also heard it used as an insult to other rock-a-billies).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Hypersmurf said:
Did Malls and Morons cater for this?

-Hyp.

Yes it did

except it ignored a lot of subcultures like Gansta and B-Boy

I wrote up some Fast-Food Slinger Feats for the game things like "Would You Like Fries With That" as an intimidation bonus and 'Minimum Wage' giving level X 5 bonus dollars per week...

Nyaricus

First Post
For Base Classes, you forgot "scene kids" or "posers" - y'know, those who pretend to be emo or whatever, but are just trendies in disguise ;)

In any case, I'd totally go with a Metalhead/Necro Death Extremist build, with maybe a couple levels of Power Metal Crusader for the icing on the cake ;)

Also, you'd want to add in the epic level PrC "Metal God/Goddess", which would be teh ultimate pinnacle of PrCs in this game, a "Rock Star" PrC for the rocker-types (for which there should also be a base class for them) and a Thrasher PrC [specializes in hand-to-hand combat and moshing skills].

Heh, neat idea, anyways - I'd totally be down for this.

cheers,
--N

Kae'Yoss

First Post
What's the multiclassing situation here?

There should be heavy alignment restrictions on those classes. Emos should be Neutral Misunderstood. Metalheads should be Chaotic Rockin'

Azgulor

Adventurer
Kobold Avenger said:
Really, I had some silly idea for a d20 modern game on 'underground' subcultures.

There would be base classes such as:
-Goth
-Metalhead
-Punk
-Hardcore Kid
-Raver
-Hippie
-Emo/Indie Kid
-Rivethead

And then prestige classes such as:
-Straight-Edge Vegan (Mainly for hardcore kids)
-Mod (mainly for indie kids who want to go back to an older subculture)
-Troo Kvltist (metalhead prestige class specializing in Black Metal and demonic powers)
-Power Metal Crusader (metalhead who uses medieval weapons)
-Candy Raver ()
-DJ (mainly for ravers)
-Graver/Cybergoth (for multiclass ravers and goths)
-Death rocker (for multiclass goths and punks)
-Necro Death Extremist (metalhead prestige class for death metal, with powers of necromancy)
-Anarchist Punk (iconic punk prestige class)
-Junglist (For a more 'tougher' raver, into jungle and DnB)
-New Age Mystic (mainly a hippie prestige class, but for some ravers or goths)
-Doom Monger (a prestige class for depressed metalheads and the occasional goth)
-Invisible Ninja Fighter (hardcore kid prestige class that specializes in beating up invisible enemies)
-Skinhead (for really tough working class hardcore kids and punks)
-Greaser (for punks sort of going back to the subculture that came before them)
-Goa Head (for multiclass raver/hippies)

So this will be a "critter" book and we can use them as fodder for shotguns, SMGs, and explosives instead of zombies? :D

Count me in.

Azgulor

painandgreed

First Post
On side note, way back when on use net I posted a "Freaks: the Scene" which was a similar set of rules for playing mortals in Vampire: the Masquerade.

Plus, greasers really need to be called Rockabilly. This may even be a PrC for Skins and punks who are looking for a way out of their class while still being cool.

Nyaricus said:
For Base Classes, you forgot "scene kids" or "posers" - y'know, those who pretend to be emo or whatever, but are just trendies in disguise ;)
I figured they be some sort of NPC class or monster. Like maybe type Humanoid [shapeshifter]...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases