Ashin's Commission, RA Style--All but Michael

Patlin

Explorer
Is the door to the sanctuary open, or closed?

When a likely opportunity presents itself, Ironwolf will say the following by way of introduction:

"We were told the people of this town are in need of help, and we have come to provide that help. Who is in charge here?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The door is closed, though it opens for the townsfolk fleeing from the four adventurers. If they run, those with 30' or better movement can rush in before the doors can close again and maybe explain. Otherwise, they'll have to deal with doors that are barred presumably specifically to keep the party out.*

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr sees a great oppertunity to lend a hand here: he decides to rush for the door before it can he shut from the inside. He'll hold the door so it can't be closed any further.

Patlin

Explorer
"Hulgyr, wait!" Ironwolf calls out, but he's almost certainly too late. With his plate mail, Ironwolf is too slow to reach the door.

Hopefully this won't move us from barred doors to crossbow bolts...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Hulgyr rushes to the door and blocks it open by force, his incredible orcish strength far more than enough to overpower the simple villagers who were trying to close the door, at least for the moment, as they turn to shocked horror. Villagers shout in alarm in terror. Further in the sanctuary, children begin to scream and cry out in fear. The bravest among the villagers begin to shoulder makeshift improvised weapons. Then there is a peaceful hush, as a red-haired woman in resplendent sunrise robes wearing a holy symbol that Almayce easily recognises as Hyrag's calms down the children with soothing words, smiles, and sometimes a quick hug, and moves out to the villagers, holding up a hand and then lowering it calmly to indicate to put away their weapons.*

"I thank those among you who kept your wits about you in this situation, for you are truly brave, and credits to our town, but these folks do not appear to bear the malady, and though this one here looks fearsome, yet his heart is pure. Let us allow them inside, but then, we should bolt the door safely after just in case."

*The villagers nod, satisfied with the priestess's appraisal of the situation, and they wait for the others to enter.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Ironwolf's entrance is successful, as are the others'.*

"Greetings and welcome, sirs and lady. We have not had noble visitors in many moons, only those tyrannous Fallonese soldiers, heards filled with greed for Duvik's riches, who have only made matters worse with their so-called 'help'. If you have come to help, us, then I thank you."

Patlin

Explorer
"Indeed, we have travelled from Orussus specifically comissioned to come to your aid, though we've been unable as yet to gather a sufficiently exact description of your troubles. Can you tell us in any details what ails this place?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Indeed, we have travelled from Orussus specifically comissioned to come to your aid, though we've been unable as yet to gather a sufficiently exact description of your troubles.

"Then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, brave hero, you and all your allies. I am Aglaia Ermone, priestess of Hyrag, healer of Duvik, and protector of the meek and defenseless."

Can you tell us in any details what ails this place?"

"I don't know exactly...I do have a theory, but we should speak of it in private. As to what I know for sure, I can say with reasonable certainty that Fallon isn't the cause, but with equal certainty, they do not care at all for the people of Duvik--their heavy-handed 'quarantine' tactics have made getting help almost impossible, though I suppose they only care about keeping the problem contained and hoping it goes away, even if it takes all of the people here with it in doing so. That would be a win/win for them--that way they could send colonists up here and gain all the resources of our town as well."

Remove ads