The Church Inquisitor PRC

MacMathan

Explorer
Any comments on or experiences with the Church Inquisitor PRC from CDiv?

I am thinking it looks easy to qualify for mechanically, the uncovering corruption part may be a little tough.

I am looking to take it from cleric 4 all the way through to Clr4/CInq10 (if I can survive that long ;) ) in my groups SCAP campaign.

AE020704

First Post
Thanks to the 'uncover corruption' prerequisite, you're going to have to work very closely with your DM on this. Also, it's rather a niche PrC suited, funnily enough, to being an Inquisitor. The +1 caster levels are a good selling point, but it wouldn't exactly fit in a lot of campaigns. I'd also be concerned that he might be a bit of a 'show-stealer', as you'd need a good chunk of storyline devoted solely to your Inquisitor.

As always, of course, YMMV.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Joshua Randall said:
It seems perfect for clerics of St. Cuthbert (LN), yet I believe one of the PrC requirements is LG alignment. I'd ditch that, personally.

Why, clerics of St. Cuthbert can be LG?

AE020704

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
It seems perfect for clerics of St. Cuthbert (LN), yet I believe one of the PrC requirements is LG alignment. I'd ditch that, personally.

Prerequisite alignments are LG or LN, so no probs there. Also, as Shroomy quite rightly pointed out, Clerics can be one alignment step away from their patron deity.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Is St Cuthbert's church a LG church, though? I thought the inquisitor needed to be part of a LG church, though the inquisitor can be either LG or LN (or something like that).

Presto2112

Explorer
I don't know; there are more than a few published PrCs that always struck me as being more suited for an NPC, and Church Inquisitior is one of them.

AE020704

First Post
Presto2112 said:
I don't know; there are more than a few published PrCs that always struck me as being more suited for an NPC, and Church Inquisitior is one of them.

QFT. Inquisitor is not an easy PC to try to gel with a group.

As ever, YMMV.

Remathilis

Legend
My problem is on "how much" corruption a LG church could have...

In some D&D worlds, I can't see there being that much corruption. Detect Evil, Interventionist Deities, and such typically ferret out the bad apples. When one DOES appear, its typically an isolated incident. Thus, I can't see using them in most D&D settings.

Now, if I'm running Eberron, you'd better believe the requisite should be "Must worship the Silver Flame." because boy, you could fill a campaign with the corruption in there!

Remove ads