City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge elbows Galwynn "gently" in the ribs. Lookit that! Everybody here seems ta know everybody else. What a place! Betcha they'll know somewhere we can get some honest work.
The thickset dwarf settles back comfortably into his chair, happily regarding the company.
Why, I'd not be surprised if the next person to walk through that there door walks right up and offers us a pile o' gold to watch his babies.

[sblock=OOC]Anyone know if there's an adventure coming down the pipe or if there'll be a long wait in the tavern?[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
OOC: Not a clue my friend... your guess is as good as mine... lets HOPE someone sees all the 1st levelers rp'ing and desides to pitty us and give us a quest! hehe

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Rasereit stands and shouts, "Faod sibh fair bhur fine ioma onoir ag bhur uadh-uircean lot lan!" He moves toward the other bowing dwarf and puts up his hand. "Come on, nah, none o' that sissy elven bowin', we be dwarves!" The two dwarves clasp hands firmly and Rasereit claps Cludge on the back. A cloud of dust billows from Cludge's clothes, and Rasereit laughs.

Dwarven Translation:
May you bring your clan much honor with your orc-slaying blade!

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge guffaws loudly and slaps Rasereit on the shoulder. NOW THERE'S A RIGHT PROPER GREETIN', he yells. You lads could learn a lot from this one, he says with a wink at the humans.
Can't say as I know much about them elves, though. Never acterally laid peeprs on one yet. What's goin' on in the world out there, Rasereit? Ya look like one who mighta heared some news. I been up in the mountains fer months now.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn coughs at Cludge's "nudge",and then nods vaguely. "Hopefully... I don't know how much longer I can stay in this place. It smells sort of funny." He blushes and looks at the bartender. "No Offense."

OOC: Yeah, someone needs to drag us up a GM or two. I suggest we bribe 'em with pie.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rathan said:
"apprently my wait for my friend is over Gal..... Saithnar... is that you my old and dear friend?" he would ask as he rose from the dwarfs side for the moment and offered a hand in friendship to Saithnar... a long time friend from his past...
Breaking off his staring at a different Inn patron, Saithnar turns his golden eyes towards Rathan and focuses on him instead with an intensity that seems almost scary. Taking a deep breath of the smoke filled air, he lets it out slowly. After a long moment, he speaks quietly as if not used to exercising his voice "Saithnar... I am. Though I was not known as such when you knew me. My name then was..." he pauses and looks up as if trying to recall an obscure fact. "My name then... is no longer relevant. But I do see that you remember me from that time. Though my memory of you is ... not what it was. For this I apologize."

"I see that you are here seeking employment as well? Are you with those ... others at the far table then? They are a bit ...voluminous... for my tastes."
Finishing his sentence, he seems to realize how much talking he just did and he looks a little dazed by it. Quickly taking another puff of his pipe, Saithnar then leaves it in his mouth as if giving it something to do so that he cannot speak so much anymore.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge rises from his seat, indicating an empty chair.
Now, now, Master Saynthnart, don' be shy! he says. Do come an' share some o' the fine hospitality o' this here joint, won't ye? He grins, patting the seat with a loud plonking noise. We ain't gonna bite ya, is we? We was just discussin' goins on in tha world. We'd be glad o' yer company. More is merrier, right lads?

Wik

First Post
Galwynn nods. "I have no problem with the man's company. The more the merrier, as the dwarf said."

Galwynn coughs gently and motions towards the bartender. "You know, maybe I will chance some of the spirits here. Maybe I could have... um... some of that wine? Or a cider, maybe?" he eyes Cludge's Sludge. "Definately something light. I don't want to go blind."

Rathan

First Post
Rathan blinked... his mentor Korik had told him of his friends new name... and the changes he had been through.. but he never knew it was this.... drastic.... he smiled though anyways and moved to join his rather.... diffrent friend at his table and oppered a smile to him.....

" heh.... yes they are a bit noisey... though without them my day would have been EXTREAMLY boring... they are really good folk and are all actually looking for work as we both seem to be.... you have.... changed quiet a bit old friend.... care to tell me of your transformation?... Korik told me you had changed.. but I had no idea how much...

Phoenix8008

First Post
Cludge said:
Cludge rises from his seat, indicating an empty chair.
Now, now, Master Saynthnart, don' be shy! he says. Do come an' share some o' the fine hospitality o' this here joint, won't ye? He grins, patting the seat with a loud plonking noise. We ain't gonna bite ya, is we? We was just discussin' goins on in tha world. We'd be glad o' yer company. More is merrier, right lads?
Saithnar raises one eyebrow in thought as he considers the offer. His train of thought is soon derailed though as others speak before he has finished considering fully.
Galwynn said:
Galwyn nods. "I have no problem with the man's company. The more the merrier, as the dwarf said."
Calculating that refusing the offer of a seat would only increase the level of noise and the chance of his being bothered more about it, Saithnar decides with a sigh to move to the other table. Picking up his pack, he slung it over his shoulder to take Rathan's proffered hand in a minimal handshake. Walking towards the other table, he listened to this man who had once been his friend...
Rathan said:
"heh.... yes they are a bit noisey... though without them my day would have been EXTREAMLY boring... they are really good folk and are all actually looking for work as we both seem to be.... you have.... changed quiet a bit old friend.... care to tell me of your transformation?... Korik told me you had changed.. but I had no idea how much..."
"Many changes...indeed." Saithnar responds as he sets down his pack beside his new chair. Puffing on his pipe, he considers carefully what he can say next. "Of the transformation itself, I can tell you nothing. But of the results, you can see some... and others are as hidden as the thoughts in each persons head." He looks around the table with a measuring gaze, unsure of the trouble he might cause by revealing too much. But he would not be working alone, and perhaps it would be better to get it out in the open at the start. "Those thoughts in others heads I can now hear, and sometimes change or affect. For my mind has been changed most of all, and it is now truly my greatest weapon."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads