City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge looks up, beaming, from behind a foaming pint.OHO! A YOUNG HUMAN! WELL MET, ME BUCKO! he roars. Well, my friend, I take your warning about the sludge served here in human parts, indeed. But old Cludge's stomach is forged from good solid gut iron - GUT IRON, geddit? MWAA HAA!
The dwarf slaps the young man solidly on the back (raising yet another cloud of dust).
Name of Cludge Slatefist, boyo. I dind't catch yours? He extends a big calloused hand.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn Grimslade

Galwynn jumps a little at the slap on the back, but recovers quickly. Casting a quick, accusing glance at the heavens, he gives a wan smile to the dwarf and shakes his hand.

"Galwynn. Grimslade. Sword of Halina, the Blessed Defender." he says, a little unsure of himself.

"You'll have to, um, excuse me. I'm a little new to..." he waves his hand over the room vaguely. "...all this. Fact is, I'd rather not be here... but Halina sets the trail, and I just walk it. Did you know that the Blessed Defender has a sense of humour?"

Galwynn raises his voice a bit and scowls as he looks up at the rafters. "it's very UNBECOMING, you know."

shaking his head, he looks once more at the dwarf. "So. How do we go about getting some work done? If, that is, you'd be willing to accept a country bumpkin such as myself for a partner?"

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge grins and takes an enormous slug of his pint, sloshing a large amount down the front of his beard (which he wrings back out into his mug).
Very pleased ta meetcha, Galwynngrimsladeswordofhalinatheblesseddefender. That's a boulder of a name, that is. Hope ya don't mind if I just call ya Gal? Good then!
He eyes Galwynn's sword appreciatively. I see ya got yerself some good slicin' hardware! Good on ya! This here's Glenda, he says, patting the pommel that juts a foot and a half above his head.
Now as fer a country bumpkin, well I'm sure as I'd never recognize one meself. Ya look like a right upstanding lad. Seein' as I'm all new at this stuff meself, why I'd be most glad to hook up with ya.
Cludge looks around the large room, scratching his head. He digs in his hairy ear for a bit, pulls out a chunk of wax and regards it soberly for a moment, then flicks it toward the fireplace.
Tell ya the truth Gal, I'm in a mite of a fix. You see, I spent a wee chunk o' the family money on this very prospective claim up in the Stonespikes. Well sir, you'd think a dwarf like me'd be a right hand at diggin' and findin' gold. He sighs.
Well, lad, that man what sold me the claim said it was fair stuffed with gold. But damme if I could find a single ounce. Cludge turns to grin at Galwynn. Now what I'm REALLY good at is choppin' things up. Mostly things made o' meat, if ya catch my drift. He winks.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn

Galwynn shudders at the word "meat". "Um, surely you cannot look forward to the taking of life? I heard once that the greatest warrior is the one that never uses his blade...?"

Galwynn pauses for a moment, and decides against further pursuing "enlightening" the dwarf. He followed the goddess of life and growth, not the goddess of pointless causes.

"I could... er...use a little bit of money myself. Spent almost all of the money my temple gave me on this armour and blade... I thought I'd have enough to get by until Halina gave me her task, but everything costs so much in this city! I'm down to my last couple of coins... Hopefully we can get some sort of work, or I'll be stuck out on the streets."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Nodding sagely, Cludge regards the young paladin. I got no idea what you mean there, Gal. But I'm sure yer right. I did strangle a coupla orcs wit me bare hands once and I gotta tell ya, it was brilliant. He belches serenely and pats his belly.
As fer enjoyin' the killin', I gots to say I rather do betimes. NOW, mind ye, I'm no murderin' scum. All I ask is a fair fight with a willin' enemy. He waggles a stubby finger in Galwynn's direction. Orcs, trolls, ogres -- them hill giants 'specially -- well, they just get my blood to boiling. I stands by my friends and my family and -- well, there's things worth protectin' in this world. I ain't no philospher and I ain't no saint. Acterrly, I ain't worth much at all. Nothin' much I can do that does any good. BUT I can swing a sword and protect them what needs protectin'. And I'm aimin' to live an' die doin' just that.
He pats his slim coin purse.
I got a little left here, if ya need feedin' or drink, well, I'm sure old Cludge can take care a ya.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Rathan would glance up from a slightly worn journal he was parusing in the inn absent of noise for quiet some time.... his eyes would first fall on the noisey dwarf with a raise of his left brow and a smirk.... he'd not seen a dwarf in quiet some time before comming to Orussus... he liked thier kind.. always forthright with thier words and feelings... it was rather refresing as opposed to what he was used to... the burring of emotions to gain control and calmness..... he woulf then turn his attention to human with the rather impressive war gear.... another smile to his face came as he greeted them both respectively with a nod.

Evening to you both.... he would utter softly before placing his journal down in case either would like to start a conversation with him..... his vestments were clearly seen.. a priest of Hyrag.. on both the chest of his garb and on the center of his shield.....

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge pauses, mug halfway to his lips. He slowly replaces it on the bar and doffs his steel cap.
Er, why hello there Father, he says, bobbing his head. A good day to yer, sir. LOOK HERE, GAL he says, poking Galwynn in the ribs. There's a right holy man here. This here's Gal, he's a sword a that goddess what looks over ...er, Cludge looks around wildly before uncharacteristically lowering his voice to a level that's inaudable outside the Red Dragon but still plainly to be heard throughout the tavern. That goddess what looks after, ya know - RELATIONS, he says, loudly whispering the last word with a knowing raise of the eyebrows.
I'd be Cludge Slatefist, late o' the mountains, now a sword fer hire.
He sticks a meaty paw toward Rathan.

Rathan

First Post
Rathan would move to take the dwarfs hand in friendship... though the term father was hardly fittiing... no one confessed to him nor did he preach his faith like most of his religion... he was here to lend healing and help to those who needed it... he was a true man of Hyrag... the sun's healing arm if you will... he looked over to the paladin after geeting the dwarf with his eyes and not just his hand and spoke softly.....

ahhh another one of faith... not mine mind you but if your goddess is of good faith then she.. and in turn you are alright with me.." he would pronounce as he released his grip with the strong dwarf and moves his arm toward Gal to take another handshake....

mmmm work you say... I too am here to lend my helping hand and healing magics to those who need me.... mayphaps we will be of service to eachother soon?..." he added as he stood there before the two of them happy to have met someone again to talk to.. he was growing bored quickly as it was...

Wik

First Post
Galwynn rolls his eyes at the word "relations" and mouths "why, goddess, why?" silently behind Cludge's face.

Approaching the priest, Galwynn extends his hand. "Pleased to meet you, sir. You'll have to forgive me, though - I'm afraid I don't know thecorrect title for a priest of Hyrag..."

Galwynn coughs lightly. "In any case, it is always a pleasure to meet another of the faithful. Halina smiles upon all men of the cloth."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads