City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Adventurer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=OOC: ]
Yes, Quarion can use it.[/sblock]

[sblock]You're right, I didn't remember Quarion was one of Enworld's precious few druids. Even better, then.[/sblock]

NakuruSai

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: Let' see it the other way, Mordik and Eanos have been babysitted in there first adventure. They were both 1st level in a praty made of an average 4th level. They just return the favor. And both had there chance to shine during that adventure.
[sblock=ooc]Velmont makes a good point. I have no problem with helping out some of the lower levels as I was given that privledge. Just keep in mind my character isn't very personable to begin with and..well...I'm a rogue, so flank them and I'll drop 'em! otherwise...I think Mordik would rather not get another hatchet buried in his face ^_~

As for Eanos being our only up-front guy...that's up to him; if he thinks he can handle it, I'm ready to follow.
[/sblock]

Eanos said:
"It's generous of you to offer half up front. It shows faith in your information and in us," the monk says. He looks to the others, then back to Dunbar.

"I would ask, as well: Do you know what sort of risks might lie in our path? It strikes me that your master wouldn't need to hire adventurers if this artefact needed merely be dug up from the ground."

Mm. Yah, could be a might tricky gettin to it withou' knowin' who's guard it's under.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I will lend my voice in agreement. You increase our chances of successfully recovering your item with any information you can give us to help us fulfill your desires. For example, if we knew that there were vampires, we could use the advance to buy a magical silver weapon, or if there are ghosts, a ghost touch weapon. Against demons, Holy weapons are too expensive, but we could purchase Oil of Bless Weapon."

B4cchus

Explorer
"I will share more information with you as soon as we can agree upon your employment. Lord Graven does not want this information to leak out into the streets. He is quite worried someone else might beat you to it and have this item for himself. If you agree we will depart for Lord Graven's manor where you will recieve more information from his Lordship himself." Dunbar starts gathering himself and stands up form the table. He drops some coin on the table and looks at the party expectingly: "Shall we depart then?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm, well I for one am willing to hear more. Let Lord Graven whisper his desires himself. But before we go, we should see if we can buy that wand in Orussus's markets."

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Odno intervenes "It's my understanding that we already accepted the task, so let's pay a visit to Lord Graven; let's judge there if the act of finding the artifact is a task that can be reasonably completed. Mind you, I don't speak as one who wants to cheat the relic out of your master's hands, only a common sense provision that says that I, at least, won't accept a job that implies outrageous difficulties. But that's enough talking for today, specially if you insist you can't disclose further information. When do we depart, then?"

B4cchus

Explorer
Dunbar sharply replies, in an irrtated voice: "Lord Graven would not pay the sum of one thousand gold pieces if he thought you would not sucessfully return with the item he desires. That would be as foolish as throuwing gems to the swines." Then he pauses, and regains some of his calm again: "I am afraid we have little time to do your purchases before we set off. Did i not mention all should be ready to depart immediately? Any road, there will be oppurtunity for you to stock up supplies before the mission starts. It will take most of the day to travel to the mansion and i will be glad if we could reach it before dusk. Do you have your own means of transportation? Or do i have to make arrangements?"

Rathan

First Post
Rathan would move back to his seat opting to let those go who first signed up for the task at hand.... he would turn back over his sholder and wish them all the best of luck and to send word if they needed his assistance..... and with a smile it would retake his seat.. and his water to his parched throat before placing it back in it's resting place and leaned back in his chair to relax.....

Someone

Adventurer
B4cchus said:
Dunbar sharply replies, in an irrtated voice: "Lord Graven would not pay the sum of one thousand gold pieces if he thought you would not sucessfully return with the item he desires. That would be as foolish as throuwing gems to the swines."

"Precisely." says Odno. "My comment just stated the obvious, an unnecesary remark if you so desire. About transportation, I'm afraid I don't cound any beast of burden among my possesions, but I can leave immediately. All of we can, or should I must say, since we've waiting a week for your return."

B4cchus

Explorer
"Very well, i shall arrange for mounts immediately. Would a light horse suffice for you and any... equipment you are carrying? And the rest, who else needs a mount?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads