Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

CaptainChaos

First Post
"Wizards of the Coast will be moving the kind of content currently found in Dragon and Dungeon to an online model."

Wow, this is a bad idea.

So will Savage Tide be finished by the time Dungeon ceases publication?

JoshuaFrost

First Post
el-remmen said:
Two things:

1) I was just about to subscribe to Dungeon for the first time in years and years - having decided that it is indeed worth price. :(

2) What stops them printing their own monthly magazine called "Adventures & Excursions" based on OGL and Paizo developed material and just continuing as they have been?

1) I would recommend picking up a month-to-month subscription for the final issues of Dungeon. Some exciting stuff is in the pipes for the last, few, issues. I'd also recommend giving Pathfinder or our GameMastery Modules a try for the same quality content you've grown to expect in our periodicals.

2) We spent a lot of time thinking about, potentially, doing our own magazine. However, Dragon and Dungeon had built-in distribution, customers, subscribers, and were firmly entrenched in the periodicals market. Starting a new magazine would require a great deal of monetary investment (read: millions of dollars) and would require Paizo to rebuild everything Dragon and Dungeon had in place for over 30 years. Since we have already built a highly successful channel into the book and hobby markets with our accessories, board games, and book products, it made more sense to sell Pathfinder as a book and to sell it into those already established locations.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
As much as I think this sucks on first glance, on second glance this coupled with Paizo teaming up with Necromancer is the sign of AWESOME things to come. No longer beholden to WOTC these guys now have free reign to do close to whatever they want.

D&D, M&M, whatever.

Personally this reeks of FRENCH FRIED GOLD.

JustKim

First Post
I've been a Dragon buyer since the beginning, and very suddenly the magazine is not going to exist anymore. I had planned to subscribe to whatever WotC is planning, but it can't possibly replace Dragon. This is very disappointing.

Will folks like Tony Moseley fit in anywhere, or was the Slice of Death book his severance package?

rgard

Adventurer
Enforcer said:

Can't say I'm very happy about this news. Of course, I'll subscribe to Pathfinder. I will also probably subscribe to the minimum amount of time possible for the WotC site to see how it goes.

Thanks,
Rich

Remove ads