Pathfinder 1E Which is it WotC/Paizo?

Steel_Wind

Legend
Ranger REG said:
Margaret Weis owns both Sovereign Press and MWP (the younger of the two). AFAIC, she's the head of BOTH companies.

You need to read my post more carefully. I didn't say she was not a shareholder in both. But she certainly was not the only shareholder in Sovereign Press originally. Larry Elmore had an interest as did a few others as I recall.

Being the "head" of both companies is not the same as owning 100% of the shares in each outright. I believe she is the sole shareholder in MWP and was not the sole shareholder in Sov Press. It is possible that might explain a few things with the license renewal (and it might not, too).

Last edited:

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Steel_Wind said:
It is possible that might explain a few things with the license renewal (and it might not, too).

I don't think so. The current license is between MWP and WotC and doesn't involve Sovereign Press on the books, so to speak.

Cheers,
Cam

lurkinglidda

First Post
Morrus said:
they said they can't discuss ongoing negotiations (fair enough), but cancelling Weiss' license wouldn't be an "ongong negotiation" in that case.

To answer with a non-answer: Morrus's conclusion is spot-on. That's all that should be said by any party involved in the negotiation at this point.

Greg K

Legend
Here I was going to start a thread about WOTC's statements regarding ending the licenses for both Dragon and Dragonlance vs. statements released by both Erik Mona and Margaret Weiss. However, I see that I was beaten to it.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Morrus said:
Ooops! Thanks!

No, thank you. :) And, in an effort to apply the rules universally, I should note that I spelled "pedantic" incorrectly in my earlier message. I claim clumsy fingers.

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads