Pathfinder 1E Which is it WotC/Paizo?

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
The only thing I'm going to say on this subject is that I tend to believe those who speak directly and plainly over those who talk a lot and say little. Compare what each party says, and see who is saying what.

Steel_Wind said:
The difference being, Sov Press' ownership was different that MWP. I'm not sure if Sov Press is now a trade name for MWP, if MW now owns all of it - or only some of Sov Press - or what's up with that at all. At one point, I had understood Sov PRess and MWP to be two different and distinct companies, albeit, affiliates of one another by virtue of Margaret being a shareholder in both. But MWP was all hers - and Sovereign Press was not.

I don't know the full details of ownership, so I'll let others answer that particular question. What I do know is that MWP was created in order to capitalize on the instant name recognition. Sovereign Press was associated with the Sovereign Stone RPG, which is now being produced by Whitesilver Publishing. So it just seemed logical to make this transition.

Sledge

First Post
It seems to me that this little snippet reveals more even. The dragonlance announcement multiplied by the dungeon/dragon issue has probably convinced Wizards to backstep. The decision had been made, but now it isn't made any more.

Imaro

Legend
Dragonhelm said:
The only thing I'm going to say on this subject is that I tend to believe those who speak directly and plainly over those who talk a lot and say little. Compare what each party says, and see who is saying what.

Yeah I agree with you here. I mean no one is saying it, but both statements can't be true(for Paizo or MWP vs. WotC). If it is a case of first cancelling then deciding to negotiate I hope WotC will be honest about it with their customers, as if not it reflects badly on MWP. I really am starting to think the Paizo and MWP announcements are the "truth" for all practical purposes and those released by WotC are flavored with an eye toward PR clean up. I just don't see what the benefit for either company would be if later it came out that they were dishonest.

Remove ads