Heart of Artifice Temporary--Kharas Alone

Velmont

First Post
"The Baron? What is his name? Is it Artifex Maximus?" asks Kharas, a bit worried that the Baron might be the one who placed that construct who wanted to kill him.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*When Kharas names the Artifex Maximus, the little girl takes her pointer and middle fingers together and touches her forehead, then her heart, then her opposite shoulder, then her lips, kissing the fingers, after which she bows, while saying "Blessed be the holy one.". She does this all in an extremely quick fluid sequence as if used to the motions. Afterwards, she laughs.*

"No, no, don't be silly! The Baron is Baron ir'Spiras. He just rules this land--he's not the Artifex Maximus," she makes the motions again as she says the next few words, "Blessed be the holy one."

Velmont

First Post
"Baron ir'Spiras? Thank you, young lady. To the pleasure to meet you again." replies Kharas before flying away again. He heads toward the castle.

Holy one? Could it be possible that Maximus would be the creator of all that? Maybe an artificer who wanted to protect his creation... I could understand that, seeing what he has created.

As he see the castle frowing before him, he starts to wish that he will be as welcoming as that young girl.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You're welcome Mr. Stumpy Man. Hey, what's your name? I'm Telindriel!"

~~~Later~~~

*The castle, from up closer, is a very nice architectural design, not too fanciful but utilitarian. However, Kharas also notes a small but significant amount of fortifications along the castle, including what look like mighty siege weapons that might shoot down unidentified flying passersby. All in all, it seems safer to land outside the castle and proceed by foot, though he can certainly try to enter by air if he prefers.*

Velmont

First Post
"Kharas Mroranon" tells Kharas as he lift off, waving at the girl. As he sees the siege weapon, he decide to slowly glide down to land a few hundread feet from the main door. He had thought to land just in front of it, but he prefer to make sure the guards understand he come in friend.

Once he land, he heads toward the castle gates.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Kharas heads towards the castle gates, a pair of guards block his path.*

"Halt strange one! This castle is the demesne of Baron ir'Spiras. What business have you here?"

Velmont

First Post
"My name is Kharas, of the dwarven clan Mroranon. I'm a lost traveller and I'm in search of four kids who has dissapeared and could be in this kingdom. I'm here to pay my respect to the lord and ask him for help if he want to grant me his help." tels Kharas.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A Dorvin? What is a Dorvin? I have not seen a creature like you in Spiras before. I am afraid that the Baron is quite busy. I can take you to someone who can help schedule a meeting for you with him. But first, I must ask how you came to possess a Drakeflyer?"

Velmont

First Post
"A Dorvin? Oh, not dorvin, dwarven, which mean a clan of dwarves. A dwarf, it is someone of teh same race as me... I'm a dwarf. The kids I search are not dwarves, but humans. They look a bit like me, but they are generally taller than my race. I must be the same height than a human teenager... anyway, if you would have seen them, you would remember it." replies Kharas.

"Drakeflyer? What is a drak... oh, you mean that." Pointing the flying construct. "Well, as I said, I'm lost. I've been teleported on an island because I used a magical device I didn't knew about... not very wise from me. And it was on the island, but there was no living creature on it, but there was that... drakeflyer. So I used it to leave it and seek help." answers Kharas to the guard.

[SBLOCK=OOC]How to not lie: there was no living creature :p[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hyoo...mans? I do not know of this. You should ask the Baron. He is wiser and more learned than any other living in our land," the construct guard says, clearly indicating that he thinks his people are considered as living, "As to the Drakeflyer, thank you for turning in this lost property. We will have this presented to the Baron so that he can determine the proper owner. If you come with me, I shall take you to the seneschal so that you can schedule an appointment?"

Remove ads