Heart of Artifice Temporary 2--Aethelus Alone

Erekose13

Explorer
"This room was empty except for the Clank(?) when I arrived." replies Aethelus.

ooc: he doesnt have one. I intend for him to take the Heir of Syberys class later.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Wh...really? Okay, I know I'm not an Eberron scholar, but I'm 95% certain that your last name cannot be d'Cannith if you don't have a Dragonmark of Making already. )

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: he's an unmarked family member. didn't think it mattered if he had one or not. If it does, he'll need to have his family name... let me look it up)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Found it for you--from an old LEB thread

Apendix to "City of Towers" by Keith Baker adds a bit to this (on page 332.) The "d'" indicates a Dragonmark. The example given is that Merrix d'Cannith has a dragonmark, but Heldoran Cannith does not.

This means my non-dragonmarked character in my current in-person game needs to doctor his last name...
)

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: and in Player's Guide to Eberron he contradicts that saying its a convention used by blood members of a house to add distinction and doesn't relate to the presence of a dragonmark.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"But there was an intruder who disabled the Clank roughly seven hours ago. If that wasn't you, then there must be two...but where did the other go."

"Wait, if you fixed it, are you a Spark? Leywytch Jadishtai will want to see you. If you are not a threat, you will not be harmed. You are under our custody now. Follow me,"
the man gestures to Aethelus.

(OOC: Ah, that explains it--I'm at the mercy of the people who post these things, since only my little brother owns any of them except the ECS. We should bump the naming conventions thread and make a choice for LEB and stick with it)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Never heard of a Spark? You must not be from around here. I'm glad that you are coming peacefully."

*The wolf-armoured soldiers close around Aethelus and the one who spoke leads him towards a strange-looking barge parked on the side of the island. The Clank allows them to go without complaining. As they all load onto the barge, large finlike wings extend outwards from the side and the barge begins to hum slightly as it pushes off the island and begins to fly through the air.*

"The Leywytch has come herself to Spiras when she heard of this anomaly. She'll be able to understand what is going on," the man says, perhaps to himself, perhaps to Aethelus.

(OOC: Ooh, fast response there--did you see my edited OOC above?)

Erekose13

Explorer
"I am afraid that you have me at a slight disadvantage. Your customs are unfamiliar to me, but I have given my name and am curious as to yours. In addition I've never met the Leywytch, are there any particular customs that I must adhere to?" asks Aethelus taking in his surroundings and attempting to be as diplomatic as possible.

(ooc: hadn't but I see it now. hmm yeah we should post on that thread. I can paste in the text from the Players Guide.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am Naugrym, and you are indeed a strange one. How can you have not heard of Leywytch Jadishtai? She is the Hand of the Artifex Maximus," when Naugrym names the Artifex Maximus, he takes his pointer and middle fingers together and touches his forehead, then his heart, then his opposite shoulder, then his lips, kissing the fingers, after which he bows his head slightly, while saying "Blessed be the holy one." He does this all in an extremely quick fluid sequence as if quite used to the motions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases