Heart of Artifice Temporary 2--Aethelus Alone

Erekose13

Explorer
Aethelus stands and hesitates to look her directly in the eye again. He waits a moment while Naugrym and others leave before answering, "I am Aethelus d'Cannith, Leywytch Jade. I am not of Spiras, I come here from Sharn, in Breland. Though I am not certain that I am still on Khorvairian soil even."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Jade stands slowly and approaches, sizing him up. When he hesitates to meet her eye, she brings her hand forward and cups his chin, gently lifting it up until his eyes meet hers.*

"Aethelus d'Cannith, you say? Just Jade is fine. Leywytch is only the mantle I must take for official business, when I do what I must. Hmm, you do not seem from Esperal, Brillia, or Fantasia either. I suppose this Sharn of yours is not somewhere nearby..."

"Aethelus, did you come with someone else? Someone dangerous, brutal, and evil? Or is there such a madman that you know back in your Sharn who might have followed you to Spiras?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Jade." he says quietly before continuing, "I've not heard of Spira, Esperal, Brilla, or Fantasia. They are certainly not within the Five Kingdoms that I know. As for how I came to be here, or rather if I was followed. I do not believe so. My method of travel was, shall we say, unique. There was certainly no one else in the room with the Clank when I came in. Though it was disabled."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see. Well, if you know nothing of this depraved criminal, then let us not speak of such violent matters...I am confident that Naugrym will find another lead on this presently."

"So you know nothing of the four kingdoms...you have probably not even heard of Heart of Artifice, then. I see. Still, you are...special. I believe that your coming has been foretold by our prophecy. Let me explain to you about my home."

*Jade moves to take a seat on a divan, but motions for Aethelus to sit beside her.*

"Ours is a land of enchantment and wonder, where dreams can come true. Tell me, Aethelus, what is your dream?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Aethelus sits in the seat beside her sliding into it comfortably. He does not look as awkward as he did a few moments ago. "My dream? I dream of fame and fortune like everyone else. Or perhaps more specifically I wish to find favor with my peers, hopefully in my particular field of choice. I am a member of my House's Fabricator's Guild. We are inventors by trade and it is in that I wish to excell. I must admit that while I know nothing of this Heart of Artifice, its mere name has me intrigued."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I see...that sounds intriguing. But I think...your aura...I think you already are someone special, Aethelus. Heart of Artifice is my home, and I can see in your eyes that here you will find fame and fortune...perhaps even an entire nation to call your own."

"At least...I think so. Let me test that theory."

*She waves her hand slightly, and a platter from elsewhere in the room floats over to rest before them. It contains two glasses of wine and a plate of some sort of pink dessert.*

"I am sure that you have already eaten dinner, but have some loukoum and wine to give yourself a boost...I want to see if you are a Spark."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you, Jade, though I hardly would dream of becoming a king. I'd be honoured to dine with you. Spark? That was a term that Naugrym used as well. He mentioned it when I had indicated that I fixed the Clank guarding the room I stepped into. What is a Spark?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A Spark is...hard to explain. But if I am right, you will see for yourself," Jade picks up one of the two glasses of wine and takes a sip, then tries one of the cubes of loukoum, "Mmm, try a piece--this loukoum is better than usual."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As soon as Aethelus sips the wine, in addition to the usual feeling of alcohol, he feels an incredible inspirational rush, as if he can do anything, as if the sky is the limit. This feeling is only increased as he eats the loukoum. Formulas, diagrams, construction plans, and blueprints for all the things he's ever imagined building flash through his head with great speed but also great clarity.*

*Jade nods slowly.*

"I thought so...hmm, try to make something. Anything. But you'll need this."

*She moves even closer to him on the divan, sitting just next to him, their legs touching, as she draws a small piece of ore from her pocket--it looks similar to that unidentified stuff they found back in Sharn--and places her hand is his, the cool touch of her slender palm on his contrasted with the warm tingling feeling as he handles the ore between them.*

"Close your eyes--imagine something, and bring it to life!"

(OOC: What kind of thing does Aethelus imagine?)

Remove ads