Final words...

Autumn

First Post
"It doesn't need to be perfect, we just need to get there fast..." Kae says distractedly, gazing up towards the burning building with a curious frown.

She shakes her head briskly and looks back to Ambra. "That sounds fine. Let's grab one and go. If we need to do any talking to explain our... baggage... then leave it to me."

Kaodi

Hero
Dusting himself off, Sedar says cheerily, " Well then, perhaps we shall meet again. If you live, of course. "

Looking around, and peering up at the fire, he adds, " Best you get going now, I have a feeling our little incidence of arson may have added a good length to my interview. "

ajanders

Explorer
It sounds like the party is agreed then?

Sedar will be staying to discuss things with the watch, and then I understand wants to leave?
The rest of the party will be going to a flophouse Ambra knows.

Just want to make sure I have everything clear for everyone.

Paranoia833

First Post
OOC: Makes sense to me. I'm assuming you'll be describing a generic flophouse, unless you really want me to flick through City of Towers for a suitably generic location? :p

ajanders

Explorer
Escaping the Ambush

When last we left our heroes, Lorinal had elected to depart. Sedar/Veyk had agreed to remain at the ambush site with most of the ambushers to deal with the watch.
Kae, Ambra, Rethlin, and Zook are fleeing to a boarding house with one ambusher to interrogate.

(OOC: Everyone but Lorinal gains 350 xp for the ambush. Kaodi, you have the option to RP with the watch if you desire.)

Ambra leads the rest of the group down into a part of Sharn that has seen better days. The streets are remarkably free of the watch, possibly because of the fight and the fire, but there are always beggars, light sleepers, and late-night cabbies to be wary of.

(OOC:Everyone should make a Hide check and post the results.)

It isn't so far to Ambra's lodgings, but it's far enough when hauling a 200 pound mook.
The party arrives at a largish house owned by some decayed Cyran nobility: their capital gone, they're reduced to renting rooms.
The landlord looks you over at the door.
"A gold piece per person, per week. In advance. There's three rooms on the second floor, plus a bathroom. Meals are your own business."

Autumn

First Post
Kae would normally be more inclined to carry the man openly and simply appear as his concerned friends helping him home after a night's over-indulgence. In these particular circumstances, though, she can appreciate the virtue of being seen as little as possible. After all, who's to say whether the snipers or some other of their allies might not be lurking about?

Upon arriving and being greeted by the doorkeeper she swiftly nods and takes some coin from her purse. "That sounds reasonable," she says smoothly. She counts out five gold pieces and hands them over, then returns to her coin purse and retrieves another five coins. "Here," she says, slipping the tip into his hand. "I fear that our friend here is worse for wear, and I know how ashamed his family would be if word got out about this little escapade." She looks down at the man - so obviously not nobility - and back up at the landlord. The falsehood is obvious, but tactfully posed. Hopefully he'll see the sense in playing along. And then, something about Kae's manner just inspires confidence; whatever her reasons for this deception, they must surely be good ones. "Can we rely on your discretion?"

OOC: Hide 1d20+2 = 18
Diplomacy 1d20+9 = 27

ajanders

Explorer
The man looks at the coins, then makes them vanish.
"You've got the second floor all to yourself. I don't want a lot of noise."
He points out a stack of tallow candles and swiftly withdraws into his own rooms, locking the door behind him.

Remove ads