Final words...

Autumn

First Post
Kae runs a hand through her long hair, satisfying herself that the brief tussle hasn't made her unpresentable or anything.

She shrugs at Zook, her expression ambivalent and nose wrinkled as if in distaste. "I don't exactly feel an intuitive trust for the strong arm of the law," she drawls sardonically. "I'd really much rather be somewhere else when the Watch arrive to... do whatever it is they do. My only concern is that if we leave now without getting any answers then I don't really know how we'd be able to trace the one who sent these bastards. And it would really be a bore if the trail went cold so soon..."

She frowns. For all civilization's perks, it certainly can be annoying when you want to get something done.

Kaodi

Hero
" I could stay here with two of our prisoners, to make sure no one comes to rescue them, while the rest of you take the take the last one for a private interrogation, " says Sedar.

" I will head back to the Shard after they have been apprehended by the Watch, and you can do what you like with the last one. "

Paranoia833

First Post
Ambra opens her eyes. Her head feels like it's been a doormat for every goblin, ogre, bugbear in the city, but on the plus side she's alive.

'Next time you really should think twice about walking into a hotspot like that with no protection whatsoever. You're lucky they weren't aiming to kill and that the changeling didn't decide to just rob you.'

"Um... thank you, everyone. I wish I wasn't such a burden." She turns to Veyk "and um, thanks for saving my life. If it makes any difference Brye's greatful too." She smiles and gives the 'drunken dwarf' a quick hug.

"Look... I know I haven't been much help, b-but if we can talk to one of these people I'm sure I could make them tell us everything they know. I know how to make people like me, I've done it before with all sorts of thugs."

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
Rethlin nods in agreement. "Very well master Sadar, a most wise proposal. We can interrogate one in private while you ensure the apprehension of the rest by the Authorities. You will be able to give them a full account of what transpired here, that will be most helpful. Lady Ambra should be able to make this ruffian sing like a bird, it will not be long before we have some answers."

"What say the rest of you, shall we be off?"

Autumn

First Post
"Right," Kae says with some measure of relief that she won't have to deal personally with the Watch. The whole idea of them is distinctly unsettling to her, unused as she is to any form of law enforcement.

She hands back Ambra's crystal with a reassuring smile.

"That sounds perfect. Anybody have any ideas where we could find some privacy to get to know our new friend?"

ajanders

Explorer
A DC10 knowledge local check (which anyone can make) will provide the names of various hotels, boarding houses, and flops you can get rooms at.
These will be generally law-abiding places.

If you prefer to go to the mattresses, a DC 20 knowledge local check (for which you need to have ranks in the skill) will find a less law-abiding place with discreet facilities for special needs
(like interrogations)/

ajanders

Explorer
As the party sits discussing this, fire suddenly surges out of one of the neighboring towers -- in fact, from where the crossbowmen were.

Fire alarms start going off.

The party is in no particular danger from this.

Remove ads