Least Belivable aspect of D&D?

What is the least belivable aspect of D&D?

• Abudance of Magic items

Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Abudance of Monsters

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Abudance of Dungeons with monsters and magic items inside

Votes: 50 31.1%
  • Abudnace of Evil Gods that want to destroy the world

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Magic mechanics (how it works in the game)

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other Planes cosmology (That whole manual of planes)

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Alignment system

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • A Character class or classes

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 32 19.9%

clockworkjoe

First Post
Ruvion said:
The mage with an evil bent will make himself into a lich at first opportune moment (and neglect to mention this to the general populace of course). Thus preventing most conventional means of "killing" him. Though the said concubine will likely be driven mad (from your undead presence and what no), and you'll not have any appetite for such things anyways (other than to keep up the appearance)!

[note: edited some spelling]

Not all mages would want to become a lich. For the same reason mages do concubines :)

Ruvion

First Post
t'was all in good form! ;)
I was making a point (sarcastically of course) about the path usually taken by a general (and evil to boot) munchkin mage...Ther are so many contingencies and other protections that the said mage could wallop himself (or herself) with that becoming a lich should only be pursued with the greatest care (even if you are obsessed with magic and generally evil in alignment)...:rolleyes:

Serpenteye

First Post
Everything is pretty unrealistic. But the least belivable aspect would have to be the very core of the system. Namely the great power and survivability of PCs.

EOL

First Post
Actually I'm going to have to change my vote. I think the most unbelievable aspect of D&D is the bravery of the Adventurers any sane individual after going into dungeon after dungeon and being wounded thousands of time and seeing horror upon horror to surpase even a Lovecraft novel to continue to adventurer even though death becomes more and more likely and the foes powerful and terrifying beyond imagination I mean who are these people that they continue to adventurer when any sane person would have long ago retired?

Remove ads