• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any fans of Star Frontiers on ENWorld?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'm thinking of running a Star Frontiers campaign here on ENWorld, mixing the history and races of SF with the lost crew idea and ruleset of Spaceship Zero.

The Green Adam

First Post
I too am a big Star Frontiers fan, though I'll also admit to listing it among my 'awesome bad games' collection. We ran it quite often back in the day and I still have found memories, even if the rules and approach are quite dated now. Looking at your website did get the adrenaline going and I may try it again with some of the additions on your site and a healthy dose of house rules. :p

Head over to this thread - http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=195775 - to hear some crazy uses and abuses of the Star Frontiers game!

AD

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I picked up a bunch of old Star Frontiers miniatures at the Titan Games booth at Dragon*Con a few years back. I think they ran about $5 a box. A good deal, until I opened them up and discovered that 1/4 of them were lumps of oxidized lead.

I should have just stuck with the chits. :D

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I really liked the system, but the setting always struck me as very goofy trying to be taken far more seriously than it deserved to be taken. So, the system was cool, though I really didn't care for the setting at all.

Friadoc

Explorer
Man, I loved Star Frontiers, in fact I still do. I've played a lot of Sci-Fi settings and Star Frontiers is right up there with Traveler and Star*Drive for me.

Heck, I still have the pipe dream of one day turning on the TV and seeing a commercial for Star Frontiers show, be it animated or loads of special effects, ala Babylon 5.

I'm planning on eventually running either an original system campaign of it, since I have most of my old stuff, or doing a d20 system campaign.

Either way, Star Frontiers rocks!

thedungeondelver

Adventurer

Ah, STAR FRONTIERS...good memories of that game from when I was 12 or so. I've got two boxed sets, one is unpunched, in very good condition (and still has the receipt from Service Merchandise in it). Not that it'll ever be worth much but still...

I remember trying to recreate STARSHIP TROOPERS with those rules and having a blast with an exoskeleton mixed with every type of defensive screen and a shedload of weapons dripping off of it.

Needless to say, the Sathar weren't much of an issue when the party finally bought a couple sets of power armor!

Remove ads