S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh pats his horse gently on the neck, glad to see her unharmed. He turns to the others and says, "Run away t'the fort? We each just single handedly took out one o' these weak piglets, Ah ain't runnin' away from 'ere an' lettin' these Taurusk-lovin' hog-dogs ravage this town! At the very least we kin gather up a few village folk like milady 'ere an' bring 'em t'the fort, neh?"

OOC: Rasereit may be in for a change of alignment, at this rate.

B4cchus

Explorer
"I don't know guys. Shouldn't we try and help the other villagers? There may be a lot of these orcs but they don't seme that tough. I'm sure we can take them if we are carefull enough"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit turns to the lady that the halflings rescued. "Alrigh', miss. Ah know this is scary, but we need t'know. D'ye have any family still in the village? Any friends? Or are they all up in the fort? Ah don't care why these piggies are 'ere, Ah just care about gettin' these folks t'safety." He looks around. "Ah didn't want t'do this, 'gel, but we gotta go t'war." His horse whinnies and stamps her feet, a look of fierce determination in her eyes. Rasereit grins and climbs on her back.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Something must be interfering with the remote sensing, as is taking Nodis a lot of time to form an image in his mind.

Manzanita

First Post
2:04:06 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight
Orc count: 1 each

OOC: I know. I'm the one who said you have to post 4x/week to join, and now I'm the one lagging. I do think I'll get it going again, though, starting with today!

Nodis has to guess on where to put his sensor. The night is somewhat dark, and placing his eye too high might result in seeing nothing. He makes his best guess, though, and does manage to see quite a bit.

The gate to the fort is open. He can't tell if it was broken, or otherwise bypassed. Humanoid figures dart about inside, fighting. One of the figures is much bigger than the other, perhaps an ogre. Several soldiers carry torches, and the light flickers off their mail.

The woman stammers a response. "My kids were in the store with me. I...I..don't know where they are...Please help us. I will lead you!"

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis comes back from his brief trance. "I like to fight as much as anyone" says "But looks like there are too many of them, and none of us have a happy stick like Eusebius had in my first adventure. They've stormed the fort, and my bet isn't on the defenders."

"We should go for the wilderness. We'll have a chance to flee while the sack the place. What if this is just the vanguard of smething bigger?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit says, "S'the fort is lost? Let's gather who we can an' get out. M'arm, up ye go wit' Nodis. He'll stay away from the front, right Nod? Where're the kids, lass? Come on, mates, there's no time!"

OOC: I'm guessing that Nodis, being a caster, will hang in the back. Correct me if I'm wrong, Someone. All we need is a heading, let's be off!

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Actually Nodis has 31 HP, while Talbin has only 18 (though he has better AC). Maybe he should be the one in the back, though if we're fighting a large number of enemies, the danger of being surrounded is great.

IC:

"Very well, let's save the boy and get out of here." says Nodis. "I'm still able to watch the fort, I'll tell you if it holds. I doubt it, with the big brute already inside."

ooc2: Clairvoyan sense's duration is 5 minutes, no Concentration required. Is up to you (Manz) to decide if it's possible to use the clairvoyant sense and normal sight and hearing, or if I have to dismiss the power to work normally.

Manzanita

First Post
"Oh, thank you!" The woman almost swoons, and gives the red-headed dwarf a hug. "Its this way."

She turns and half-runs, half limps back onto the road which goes through the tiny town. The group moves onto the road, and a little East, towards the outer edge of town. The orcs notice the group, and a by the time the group has reached the little blacksmith shop, a group of orcs have formed outside the inn. There are about 10. Inside the shop, clanks and talk can be heard. The door is broken, and several orcs are inside rummaging through iron weapons and tools. The building is not on fire.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian (HP: 61/61, AC: 20 [no shield])

OOC: So that brings the number to about 13?

Rasereit hangs back and dismounts. He pats his horse on the back and tells her, "Run off if they take us, ye hear? Don' be a hero." To the others he says, "They're just standin' there. So let's shoot 'em." While they approached, he pulled out his crossbow and loaded it. Now, as soon as they can see the orcs, he dismounts and fires (natural 1). Unfortunately his weapon jams. He curses and mutters, "Never did trust ranged weapons anyway," as he puts the stupid contraption on his back again.

OOC: Standing in a line like that, they were just asking for it... =P Rasereit's Initiative is +3. He does this whenever the orcs are within sight or reasonable range (2 or 3 range increments). If one of his companions stops him, he will listen. An alchemist's fire would be really handy right about now.

Remove ads