S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: What's the situation exactly? Looks like there are 10 orcs at the inn, some distance away (but how much?), and several (how many?) orcs insde the blacksmith shop that must be very close to us, since we're there anyway. In any case a drawing or map would be very useful, and looks like we're rolling initiative again: Initiative 5

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Talbin will try to take out orcs using his sling within 30'. Should be handle this like a regular combat with init etc? If so, a map-thingy would be great.

rln

Explorer
"I'm guessing the main force went for the fort, and only a smaller detachment was sent to take care of the village, perhaps looking for armaments and food. Ten orcs... looks like even odds. I have some surprises that might keep them preoccupied. Chuck these in their midst, but take care not to throw them at the building." Ogrin brings out two clay flasks and gives them to anyone interested. "Anyone else wants one? I think I brought enough for everyone!"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit grins at his little friend and gladly takes a flask.

OOC: Like Someone, I'm not entirely sure how the sequence of these actions will play out.

Also: What's our marching order? Razh will take the front, but where's the lady? Is she leading us or verbally directing us from the rear, or perhaps the center of our formation? Is she mounted, perhaps sharing a mount with someone? Or even better, could she be riding Razh's horse while he walks?

Here's my suggestion, feel free to overrule me though. Razh walking in front, then Nodis, then the lady on Razh's horse, then Talbin, and Ogrin taking up the rearguard.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I don't have a predone map of this, and I think you guys will slaughter them fast enough to make it hardly necessary. I'll go with Razh's 'marching order', and whip something up here for a map. I'll roll initiatives too, for those who haven't done their own. You'll have to give me a little time, though to get this up. Nodis can still see the fort, lets say.

Manzanita

First Post
As they approach the shop, Razh shoots a wild crossbow bolt over the heads of the gathering orcs. They shout and mobilize more. But we won't count his shot as part of the combat initiative At the shouts, the two orcs visible in the blacksmith shop look up and notice the PCs out the door.

Init order:
Razh <--
Ogrin
Nodis
Talbin
Orcs

Round 1

Attachments

• S2.JPG
    S2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 74

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I suppose Razh, Ogrin and Talbin will be able to dispatch the two orcs inside quickly enough, so the plan must involve entering the blacksmith shop and fight the larger group there. I'll post Nodis' actions after Rae, rnl and B4cchus (delaying after him) so I know how what happens before my turn; I don't want to spend too many power points.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit guffaws as his bolt scatters the orcs. "Come back little mousies!" he calls to them tauntingly. He quicksteps forward while slinging his magical shield around his back and onto his arm. In his right hand he carries Ogrin's alchemist's fire.

OOC: Double move towards the largest clump of orcs, ready shield (free action with move).

I'm not sure what you mean, Someone. As I'm envisioning it, the 10 orcs are about 90' from Razh, in formation in front of the blacksmith's shop, so to get the 2 inside we'll have to wade through the 10 outside first.

Someone

Adventurer
manzanita said:
by the time the group has reached the little blacksmith shop, a group of orcs have formed outside the inn. There are about 10

The large group of orcs is by the inn; the pair of orc is inside the blacksmith shop, where the boy (?) should be, and we're just outside the blacksmith shop. I don't think the map is confusing. An they may be low level orcs, but I wouldn't like to fight them in the open. If we can attract them inside the blacksmith shop and make them do a death conga, we'll have the upper hand.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Oh! I'm dumb. =P Razh will put the alchemist's fire away and draw his waraxe during his second move action instead, then. He'll head for the orcs in the shop, not the ones by the inn.

Remove ads