S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

rln

Explorer
Ogrin follows two steps behind Razh. If the children are in the shop, together with the orcs, time is of the essence.

B4cchus

Explorer
Noticing Ogrin and Razh already going for the orcs inside the blacksmith's, Talbin decides to scurry for the next building, climb up the roof and snipe the orcs from up there with his sling.

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis enters behind Razh and Ogrin and fires a large glass splinter at one of the orcs.

ooc: Enter the building covering from a charge with Ogrin and Razh, then manifest Crystal shard, spending 2 power points; Touch attack 18, damage 6

Crystal shard is a Close range, single target Ray (35 feet for Nodis) that deals 1d6 piercing damage for every power point you spend

Manzanita

First Post
2:05:12 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight
Orc count:
Razh: 1
Ogrin: 1
Nodis: 2
Talbin: 1

Razh sling his sheild onto his arm, and draws his axe as he enters the shop.

Ogrin follows his friend, fully armed.

Nodis comes after them, and drops one of the orcs with a single crytal shard. Only one living orc is visible in the shop now.

Talbin dashes to the building. As he does, he evaluates the walls. It looks like about a DC 20 climb check.

The orc in the building steps forward, drawing its falchion and swings wildly at Ogrin. The halfling dodges it w/laughable ease. It feels good to sense the power they have now, as the group knows orcs wouldn't have been this easy to kill a few years ago.

The orcs outside charge forward 40 feet. Most of them have javelins in their hands ready to throw.

Init order, round 2:
Razh <--
Ogrin
Nodis
Talbin
Orcs

I feel bad that this game is progressing so slowly. And I'm leaving today for over a week. I'm unlikely to make any DM posts while away, though I might make some posts for my PCs. Oh well. Better than sitting in the RDI!

rln

Explorer
Ogrin feints a slash at the orc's right leg, but changes the direction of his blade at the last moment. Unfortunately, the orc easily parries it with his falchion. The orc guffaws when Ogrin takes a step back, thinking he has scared his opponent into submission, but laughter fails him, as he sees Rasereit coming right at him.

OOC: Yes, I'm taking some creative license with the initiative order above... I hope noone minds.

Do you feel this is a temporary slowdown over the summer? To be honest, I'm personally not against a slow adventure at the moment since I'm on vacation and out in the sun a lot - not as much time in front of the screen.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit's axe comes down on the surprised orc's shoulder, causing enough pain to send the orc to a dark place in his mind. The dwarf adds a nice spiked smack to the mix for good measure, though. The orc's face is now filled with holes, and it collapses. "Teamwork," Razh grunts to his friend. He spins around and heads for the door, towards the large, ugly group of orcs.

5' step towards the door.

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis, male human shaper 5, AC 16, HP 31/31, PP 25/35

ooc: Assuming the last orc in the shop is indeed dead, and is not a leveled orc or similar.

"Talbin, come here!" says Nodis. "Bring the woman, let's look for the boy!". He advances cautiously to search the house, thinking that Razh and Ogrin can defend the door on their own.

rln

Explorer
"I'll be right with you," Ogrin says, then calls out for the children. "Hey kids? Your mother sent us to get you. We'll just need to take care of some orcs. Pack some food and we'll be back in a minute." He then heads out, hoping to charge into one of the orcs from the side as they approach Rasereit and Nodis.

B4cchus

Explorer
Someone said:
ooc: Assuming the last orc in the shop is indeed dead, and is not a leveled orc or similar.

"Talbin, come here!" says Nodis. "Bring the woman, let's look for the boy!". He advances cautiously to search the house, thinking that Razh and Ogrin can defend the door on their own.

ooc: Talbin already took a sprint towards the other ocs, behind the building in the middle.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin hides around the corner of the building, five feet away from the corner and readies his sling to shoot a bullet at the first orc the he get's his sight on.

Remove ads