• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Manzanita

First Post
2:05:30 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight
Orc count:
Razh: 2
Ogrin: 1
Nodis: 2
Talbin: 1

Round 4
Razh hurls his alchemist fire to little effect, then moves up to aid Talbin, drawing his axe as he moves.

Ogin's flask does more damage, causing several orcs to burn and shout. The delightful smell of seared orc wafts towards the party's nostrils.

Unable to see the battle, Nodis moves back to the door. The woman follows him.

Talbin retreats to relative safety behind Ogrin.

The orcs all move into attack, all now weilding their crude falcions. 4 attack Razh, 1 attacks Ogrin. Though these attacks would fell lesser warriors, Ogrin and razh evade the clumsy blows without damage.

Init order, round 5:
Razh <--
Ogrin
Nodis
Talbin (11/18 HPs)
Orcs (several wounded)

Attachments

• S2.JPG
    S2.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 80

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit laughs as the orcs surround him. He spins and hops by their clumsy swings, blocking orc steel with his spiked shield. He tries to swing his shield into the face of an orc, but proves a little too slow for the pig-faced creature. Then his axe comes up from behind the shield and cuts into the unfortunate orc, felling it immediately. "Three!" he shouts. (7 damage)

He hears footsteps and warriors approaching and he taunts the orcs, "Uh-oh, are the li'l piggies scared? Don't run, chaps, fun's jus' gettin' started!"

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis, male human shaper 5, AC 16, HP 31/31, PP 21/35

"Ogrin, make a way for me!" says Nodis in the Halfling language, pointing at one of the orcs. He then runs for a better position and showers the orcs with sharp shards of crystal.

[sblock=ooc]Nodis points at #4. Hopefully Ogrin (or anyone else) can kill him so Nodis can move two squares west of orc #9 (where the horse is) and manifest Swarm of crystals, spending 4 power points to deal 4d4 damage without save in a 15 feet cone (that should swallow the whole western subgroup). Total damage is 7

Edit: If orc #4 doesn't die, Nodis does the moves anyway, provoking an AoO from the orc[/sblock]

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
Ogrin does his best to comply with Nodis request. His sword is however easily parried by the orc's falchion. Ogrin takes a few cautious steps towards the orc pack (north) to give Nodis some more space to do whatever it is he's doing, and to keep them from swarming Talbin.

Meanwhile, the orc hit by the alchemists fire (#9) continues to burn. The liquid substance finally consumed, the flames die out. The orc is still standing, though grieviously burnt, and he's not happy.

OOC: Is that a wagon to the left of Ogrins position?

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
2:05:36 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight
Orc count:
Razh: 3
Ogrin: 1
Nodis: 6
Talbin: 1

Round 5:
Razh cuts down another orc. Ogrin isn't as lucky. The burned orcs continue to fight.

Nodis bravely charges forward, ducking a wild swing from one of the orcs. Acheiving a good position he releases a swarm of tiny crystal shards, ripping apart 4 orcs.

I don't see how Nodis could catch #4 & #7 in the same 15' cone - they're 20 feet apart.

Init order, round 6:
Razh
Ogrin
Nodis
Talbin (11/18 HPs)<--
Orcs (several wounded)

Someone

Adventurer
Manzanita said:
I don't see how Nodis could catch #4 & #7 in the same 15' cone - they're 20 feet apart.

ooc: In 3.0 cones were as wide as they were long, but IIRC in 3.5 cones are quarter circles: their width at the base is double the length

"I did my part" thinks Nodis, who scurries back to safety. He moves back into the backsmith shop, or behind the buiding if the door is held.

Manzanita

First Post
Someone said:
ooc: In 3.0 cones were as wide as they were long, but IIRC in 3.5 cones are quarter circles: their width at the base is double the length

"I did my part" thinks Nodis, who scurries back to safety. He moves back into the backsmith shop, or behind the buiding if the door is held.

Would that then be a circle (a quarter of it anyway) with a 15 foot radius? I'm going to basically trust you here, but I am curious. I'll repost the map with #s/letters so you can tell me which square Nodis would occupy & which orcs he could hit from there. I put in a circle. It looks like he could hit all four with it. Let's assume then, that Nodis did take out orc #4 with his shard attack as well.

Attachments

• S2.JPG
    S2.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 74

Manzanita

First Post
2:05:42 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight

Round 5 (con't)
Talbin slings a stone into a wounded orc, bringing it down, despite its being in combat.

The three remaining orcs, seeing their comrades decimated, flee. (withdraw action)

Round 6

Map above correct, except the three surviving orcs (#1,2 & 3), have moved 40 feet East

Init order, round 6:
Razh (61/61 HPs; orc count 3)<--
Ogrin (40/40 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Nodis (31/31 HPs; orc count 7)
Talbin (11/18 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Orcs (several wounded))

Remove ads