• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: There is (and I had) a PDF wth the most common areas of effect, but I don't have it in this computer :( . Anyway I'm posting your picture edited with the 15 foot cone as I remember it - maybe someone else can confirm it.

Attachments

• S2.JPG
    S2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 76

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit refuses to let the orcs get away that easily. He charges forward with a yell, axe raised, and cleaves the nearest orc in twain.

Didn't add the charge bonus to the attack roll, but didn't need to either. -2 to AC til next round.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin turns to the other two and grins sheepishly. "He really doesn't like orcs." He then continues after Razh, charging into one of the remaining orcs (Hits AC15 for 8 damage).

He then pauses and does not pursue any further, even if Razh does.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin tries to assume flanking position and attack one of the orcs but almost drops his sword at the attempt.

ooc: attack 6, damage 1. Rolls are here. Great, rolled a 2 and a 1...

Someone

Adventurer
"And don't com back!" Nodis shouts at the ocs. Since they [the orcs] are moving away, Nodis doesn't have to hide in or behind the blacksmth shop, so he stops to recover his horse.

Manzanita

First Post
2:05:48 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight

Round 6 (con't)
Razh pursues and strikes down another orc. Ogrin moves after the fleeing orcs, but can't reach them to attack this turn. The last two orcs continue to flee, screaming. They split up, too.

Init order, round 6:
Razh (61/61 HPs; orc count 4)<--
Ogrin (40/40 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Nodis (31/31 HPs; orc count 7)
Talbin (11/18 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Orcs (several wounded))

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit charges one of the retreating orcs and slashes the creature's back open, dropping it. (6 damage) He spins around and shouts, "This li'l piggy went to hell, an' that li'l piggy went runnin' all the way 'ome!" All threats eliminated or gone, Rasereit trots back to the others. "Got t'let one away, so 'e kin tell 'is mates never t'come back, ye know? What are we waitin' for? Le's get t'the fort." Unless the woman needs a mount, he jumps up on his horse's back and starts the race toward the hill fort.

rln

Explorer
When it's clear he'll not be able to pursue the orcs, Ogrin turns back to Talbin, checking on his wound. "That's a nasty cut my friend, but it doesn't seem serious. Let's get out of town and we can deal with it at a more safe place."

Assuming Talbin agrees, Ogrin helps him and the others mount, and then sets off towards the fort.

Manzanita

First Post
2:07:00 am. Cool, clear, partial moonlight

The party regroups. Razh mounts his horse. The woman figits nervously and accompanies the group towards the hill.

The outline of the fort is just visible on the hilltop. Several torches burn on the walls. It's walls are made of tree trunks, sticking up about 8 feet. There may be additional defensive measures, but nothing else is currently visible. The woman leads the group up a dirt path towards a gate, which seems to be off its hinges, as some light and movement is visible within. Several humanoids struggle, locked in combat, on a platform over the gate. Shouts can be heard and the clash of steel from inside, though no figures are visible at the gate itself.

The party is about 60 feet away from the fort at this point.

Razh (61/61 HPs; orc count 5)
Ogrin (40/40 HPs; orc count 1.5)
Nodis (31/31 HPs ? PP; orc count 7)
Talbin (11/18 HPs; orc count 1.5)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads