Seeking dry erase board with one-inch grid

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Of course the Flip-Mat from Paizo may be just what you need. It is inexpensive ($12.99), very portable (folds to 8x10, opens to 24x30), and is usable with wet erase, dry erase, and permanent markers (clean the last with alcohol.) The original Flip-Mat has 1" squares on one side, 1" hexes on the other.

And it's available at your FLGS. :D

Wolfspider

Explorer
thalmin said:
Of course the Flip-Mat from Paizo may be just what you need. It is inexpensive ($12.99), very portable (folds to 8x10, opens to 24x30), and is usable with wet erase, dry erase, and permanent markers (clean the last with alcohol.) The original Flip-Mat has 1" squares on one side, 1" hexes on the other.

I have a Battle Mat from Crystal Caste. However, the first time I used it, there was ghosting very obviously left on the map, even though I used pens from the same company specially made for the mat. Grrr.

I'll have to check out this Flip-mat....

Darth Shoju

First Post
Wolfspider said:
Brilliant!

*lighbulb goes on*

Or I could buy one of those easal pads that are gridded and 24x37 and stick one of the sheets in there!

Yay!

You're money baby and you don't even know it!

That is what our group does and it's aces.

:)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
thalmin said:

I got one of these on the weekend. They're really, really good. We didn't actually use it during the last game - instead using dungeon tiles - but it'll come in very handy. It's a much better size for our table.

Well, we didn't use it for mapping. Instead, I kept drawing silly pictures on it and displaying them to the players. :)

Cheers!

hexgrid

Explorer
thalmin said:

And is guaranteed to never lay completely flat!

Mine don't, at least.

Drowbane

First Post
el-remmen said:
Not a "board" but Tact-Tiles are superior to a board because of the modularity. . .
Tact-tiles are absolutely the best battle-mat available... except that they're not currently available! They've been sold-out for over a year now.

Last edited:

Remove ads