A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Alright cool--also, I just noticed that she seems to have killed off an unconscious opponent. She would have tried to avoid that if possible (firing slightly upwards, for instance, since the unconscious guy is lying on the ground), and since the power doesn't have an attack roll or Reflex saves, it seems like she has decent control of the shards. I don't know--it's just that she hasn't actually killed anyone yet in her career (and killing someone already down is really not her style), and I'd like to keep it that way if I can; that's why I like SoC, the 5d4 pretty much can't kill anyone, just knock them out.

Anyways, no biggie if that isn't possible, since I couldn't expect that situation when I left instructions. Lasair will attempt to stabilise one of the bandits near her since it seems the fighting is on the other side. Preference given to the father if she can tell which he is, otherwise to one of the two who have taken the most damage.[/SBLOCK]

"Please surrender," Lasair calls out to the remaining bandits, "I will be able to save your allies from bleeding to death, but only if we stop fighting and work together. Please! I don't want anyone else to die here."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:15 AC:15)

Cludge grimaces and carefully grinds the arrow from his arm. He spits and tosses it into the river. The one in his shoulder seems to be stuck in a bit further. He snaps the shaft and flicks it aside. Peering through the rain, he tries to discern the location of the fleeing archer.
Ye'd best turn yerself in, NOW lass, he shouts in a dangerous tone. Things could go mighty rough fer ya if we have ta chase ya down!

[sblock=Intimidate check] 17[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Conuld jabs his quarterstaff into the man's gut, doing some damage to the organs inside. (4 damage)

The bat, it's master incapacitated, flits away into the dark day.

The last man Kurgahz knocked down (B1) bleeds. (1 damage)

The man who Cludge felled at the very beginning of the battle (B8) keeps breathing. (Resuscitated by the Retcon gods)

Lasair calls out to the attackers and drops to the ground to stop the bleeding of one of the men she lacerated (B4). Lasair... (
can't tell which man is the father. The ziivash stream, so clear before, has blended in with the writhing chaos of the battle.
)

Cludge's bellow seems to have an effect on the fleeing archer. The footsteps stop suddenly.

The other man cut with Lasair's crystals (B3) twitches and coughs blood. (1 damage)

Kurgahz moves beside Shadya and finishes the job that Conuld started. (8 damage, B2 is down)

The man just felled by Kurgahz (B2) and the one who failed to flank him (B7) both bleed. (1 damage each)

No arrow comes flying from the woods on this side of the bridge. No sound of fleeing footsteps comes either.

Back on Cludge's side, a woman comes trudging carefully out of the forest. She holds her bow above her head with both hands. It's hard to tell in the rain, but Cludge... (
sees the blue tattoos on her as well. Also, he thinks she's crying.
)

OOC: All the combatants have been neutralized, but I'm staying in combat mode because people are losing HP every round. If everybody chooses to ignore the fallen enemies, we'll leave combat mode.

Round 4:
Time - 9:45:24

Initiative:
Shadya «
Conuld (9 HP, +4 AC until 11:45:00 AM)
Bandit 8 (27 16 damage, down, stable until 10:45:06 AM)
Bandit 1 (9 damage, down)
Bat (In Conuld's face)
Lasair (+15 temporary HP until 9:49:00 AM, -8pp)
Cludge (15 HP)
Bandit 3 (13 damage, down)
Bandit 4 (12 damage, down, stable)
Kurgahz
Bandit 7 (10 damage, down)
Bandit 2 (13 damage, down)
Bandit 5 (bow, surrendered, Cludge's side)
Bandit 6 (bow, out of sight, probably stationary, Kurgahz's side)

Attachments

• Bandits-Bridge-9-45-24.jpg
    Bandits-Bridge-9-45-24.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"You with the bow! Get down here and help save your foolish friends!" yells Conuld. He steps beside the man who stabbed him, and checks his condition, ineffectually.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair will attempt to stabilise B8, then B3 once she gets B8 stable)

"Help me with this one--the grip of darkness approaches," she requests of Cludge and the bandit girl who surrendered.

*Whether they listen or not, Lasair turns to the injured and continues to do her best to help with the bleeding, unafraid to get her hands dirty herself and hoping to prevent any deaths.*

(OOC: Mechanically, since the DC is only 15, it is generally a better idea for each to make a separate check until one succeeds, rather than Aid Another)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:15 AC:15)

'Fraid I'm little use to ya in tendin' wounds, miss, but I'll try Cludge tells Lasair.
Drop yer weapons an' get in there ta help, he growls, not too unkindly, at the archer. He moves to the untended Bandit 3 and attempts to stabilize him (Heal check 13.) He keeps his sword in his hand.
Connie, he yells. Are ye alright down there at that end?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"We're fine down here, Cludge!" Kurgahz shouts through the rain toward the other end of the bridge, "But there's still one archer somewhere out of sight down here, unless that thief wants to come out here to try and save some lives instead of taking them!" He directs this last part toward the darkness at his end of the bridge. "Fer that matter, why in the name of da gods are ye all tryin' ta save their miserable lives anyway? They brought this on demselves, didn't they? I didn't hear nobody talking about savin' the Ogre back there and 'bringing him to justice', or did I miss that? And I suppose if it'd been Orcs trying ta rob us it woulda been fine to slay all'a dem too, huh? Just them naughty humans that deserve a chance at 'justice' and 'redemption', huh? Frakkin' hypocrites..."

Conuld and Shadya are close enough to see the look in Kurgahz's eyes as he wrings his hands around the haft of his greatclub while staring at the downed bandits they are trying to stabalize. It's not a good look, some might even call it murderous as he seems to contemplate finishing the job that's been started.

Trouvere

Explorer
"You are not wrong, Kurgahz," says Conuld mildly. "I feel the temptation to leave this one to die. I suppose... I suppose it is because they look like us, while an ogre or... or even an orc does not. That, I will admit, is not rational. Perhaps, then, we give mercy to them, so that we can hold a hope of mercy in return, if the tables were ever turned. I do not think we could ever expect that from an ogre, and thus we do not feel compelled to leniency."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Actually, that's because you yourself were the one who killed the ogre before I could say anything," Lasair points out to Kurghaz, "I don't make it a policy anymore to lecture my allies in these Westlands once the deed is done, so once it was done, I just pointed out that you could have let it be for a full day and then dropped it. Rest assured that I would have suggested sparing the ogre given time. I did suggest sparing the bulette my last group fought, but again, we had an eager few who gave the helpless creature a killing blow."

(OOC: :lol: The very next post after Rae said it was helpless was Shadya suggesting maybe to tie it up, and the one after that was Kurghaz giving the ogre a coup de grace--you can look back and check ;)

Lasair will continue to stabilise the bandits in the order she mentioned unless Kurghaz or another begins to summarily execute them--if so, she should be in range to Ego Whip him until his Charisma is gone, and he's unlikely to save. Lasair's vhal is at stake because she promised the surrendering bandits that their companions would not be harmed further if they stopped the fight and came out to help. Failure to carry through on that to the best of her ability is a betrayal.)

Last edited:

Remove ads