A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:22 AC:15)

Aye, Connie's right, says Cludge. Much as I feel sorry for 'em, poor beggars, I got a mighty sore arm and Connie took a gutshot. Them arrers felt mighty deadly of intent ta me. They gotta pay a price fer that. Like I said, they'd be missin' their heads fer the stealin' attempt alone back home. Tryin' ta kill people ain't looked on faverably either.
He looks at the litter of bodies lying around. Plus, when this lot comes to, what's ta say they ain't gonna go fer us agin? We oughta take a goodly chunk o' their gold, tie 'em up an' leave the weapons outta reach.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"They lost last time, and they are receiving unexpected clemency. Even if they were somehow of nefarious intent, they would be fools to make another attempt on our lives when they awaken. It is...how do you say in these lands...'biting the hand that feeds them'?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz, Half-Orc Clr 1, AC: 14, HP 10/10

"Interestin' story. I'll wait ta hear how they came accross such a big amount of money to run away wit' before givin' up my opinion of what we should do with 'em." Kurgahz speaks after staying silent for a bit.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Well, let's put it this way--in this world, you may have encountered those with a strength of ziivash greater than other people. They are more heroic, more powerful, yes? Anyone who could lie to me this consistently would need to have a strength of ziivash beyond what we have seen from them in the fight--does that make sense?"
"About as much sense as usual," says Conuld wryly. "I believe they have about the equivalent of 700 gold crowns. Cludge, I would prefer not to tie them up and leave them. Once restitution is made, I would rather we all continued as though we had not met. We cannot afford to alienate the people through whose lands we must travel by actively assisting these youngsters. And yet, believing their story, I do not wish to be responsible for their capture. That said, I will go along with whatever the group decides... even if it is foolishly heroic."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"700 gold crowns? That is not so much to be unbelievable based on my knowledge of merchants and nobles in your lands, as well as the value of those potions. At least one noble was willing to pay almost fifty times that much for a single mission. If all eight of them took all that they owned and sold it, that would be less than 100 gold crowns for each. Or alternatively, if any one of them was the child of someone important, like Daphnie, the mayor of Covington's daughter, they might have nearly as much on them."

"I believe they said that their lands are around this area, so since they are fleeing in the same direction we are traveling, we should be passing out of those lands."

(OOC: Rae correct me if I'm wrong on that)

"If I knew they spoke our language, I could convince the pursuers to head back, if only perhaps for a short time. As they probably do not, we could always offer them our some horses at cost and buy our own back at the next town. If so, and if the tribe catches up to us, there is no sign that we have aided them. I would also not be averse to any here who demand the right to take a portion of their spoils for the attack. The usual 20% of a successful raid should be sufficient while avoiding unnecessarily crippling their capability to continue."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes, I suppose that is true," says Conuld. "I was thinking of my own case, where 700 crowns is more than I have ever seen at one time, and my own money is all sunk into my spellbook, with which I could never part. I doubt I could raise more than twenty crowns by selling my other belongings. Well, there is my horse, I suppose." He gives the animal a baleful glare.
"No doubt they are taking the quickest route out of their tribal lands, but tribal differences may be readily set aside where outsiders have caused offence. So I suspect. Let us not do anything that might raise the entire country against us - particularly if some of these fugitives are important. I would prefer not to meet their pursuers at all!" He scuffs the ground with his staff. "I have written on a scroll a spell that will let me understand their speech, though not speak it. When they are all awake, if you have any suspicions of their goodwill, I can listen to what they say amongst themselves. If I could cast that spell on another person - the leader of the pursuers, say - then you could try your powers of persuasion. There is a spell that would suffice for that, but I do not know it. This one I can only cast on myself. Magic... it is never as simple or as convenient as you would hope."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"There is a magic that allows you to speak any language? That is still amazing though!" Lasair disagrees, "If I could have magic like that, then the pursuers would be no problem. The trouble is that I can't convince them if they don't understand me. I am constantly amazed by the power of magic that you Westerners have."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Do none in your land know the arcane arts, then?" asks Conuld curiously. "Are there no vorastrix, sorcerers, who cast spells like mine, but... well, I am not certain how they do it. Arivorastrixmaurgmiirk lauth, shar vaeri erekess erenk, as we say. The sorcerer-kind know little music, but they dance all night! Certainly many have distant draconic ancestry, but if you ask me, that raises more questions than it answers, and just pushes the problem one step further back. If the Towers - Excuse me, we have more pressing matters to attend to, don't we. But it is a fascinating subject, all the same."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't know much about Sorcerers. Some Wizards I talked to said that Sorcerers are the...let me see...the 'sad misbegotten result of a talented individual with great potential that doesn't receive the proper training and thus closes their mind forever to the true magic, a great tragedy that births a creature with a comical misunderstanding of all but a picayune selection of spells'. I don't know what they mean, though--it still seems like they use powerful magic to me."

"But you're right--we have more urgent matters to which to attend. I'm just waiting to give Jilsa some time to compose herself and answer."

Trouvere

Explorer
Conuld's lips twitch when he hears this description, and he can't help but splutter with laughter. "I am sure I would never be so impolite," he says. "Oh, Jilsa, I do- er... I do beg your pardon. Please be assured I am not laughing at your situation. I bear you no particular ill-will."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases