A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Solange

First Post
"Well, that does make sense, but I'd rather you talk to each of them first, and see what you read of their words and actions," Shadya says. "If they accompany us to the edge of the desert, they could easily take our horses from us at a reasonable price. They will slow us down though and that is far to go still. How far do they intend to go with us?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I wish I could speak with them all, but unfortunately, Conuld says that his magics do not perform in this regard. I can still analyse the flow of their ziivash and see if any seem to be of a sinister or backstabbing nature. As to the speed decrease, as we are riding encumbered mounts, we should only be slowed by a small amount by including unencumbered people on foot. In fact, if they carried some of the basic supplies for us, if you trusted them with that, we might be able to lighten the load for a few of the horses so that they could range ahead at even greater speeds and scout or look for good campsites. Additionally, unlike horses, people can hustle or perform a forced march without serious problems. If they hustle for the last three hours each day, they might be exhausted afterwards and need to sleep, but they will more than keep up with the encumbered horses," Lasair reasons.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:22 AC:15)

I'll abide whatever ya says, Shady-ah, Cludge says, taking a long drag on his pipe. But you hired me on as somethin' of a guard, an' if ya takes me advice, we'd be well ta get shot o' this lot afore the sun goes down, sorry as I am fer 'em.
He points a stubby finger at Lasair. I unnerstand how yer concerned about their moral welfare, miss, but we got a job ta do here an' it ain't babysittin' murderous thieves.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"
We only took enough money for a few days of food for each of us. To offer to pay for all six of your horses for such a meager sum would seem silly. Had we had enough for even one horse, it might have been plausible, but we do not. Demanding it with the threat of force was our only option, we decided
..."

She sighs heavily and looks at her sister. "
I did not expect to be treated with such mercy. I realize that I am in no position to ask anything of you. But please, be quick in your decision about our fate. The tribe is surely on their way, and I would rather they find us long gone or, at the very least, find only us, tied and bound, and not you. They are not likely to ask questions if you are here, and they are not likely to listen to any of us runaways, either
."
She looks up at Lasair, Conuld, and the rest with concern in her bright, young eyes. Concern not only for her own well-being, but the party's as well.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: And she doesn't appear to be lying? Because if we found a place in LEW where food costs 100s of gold and horses cost more, we may have found a way to make infinite money!)

Last edited:

Remove ads