• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Solange

First Post
Shadya nods to Conuld and Cludge, but waits for Lasair to finish, "They sound more inept than dangerous at the moment, but that doesn't mean they don't still present a danger."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Jilsa flusters, "
I- I- No, no they will not. We- We did not plan on encountering a group with horses, so when we saw you, our hearts leapt with the promise of ensured escape
."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Kurgahz, please wake the unconscious ones, and let us get moving, whether separately or together, I do not care.
"You want me ta use our wand to awaken these others? Regardless of the resources that'll burn, especially since we're now appearently gonna give back that platinum to their tribe?! Be real ironic later if we're stuck in a tight spot and need those last doses of healin' that we use here today, huh?" Kurgahz asks with irritation.

[sblock=OOC]DM Rae, how many of them are down and in need of healing again? And would you want me to use invisible castle to roll for the amount healed on each one if we do this, or do you want to take care of how much each use of the wand dispenses? If we got some really lousy rolls, each person could use up a couple charges each of the 50 we're starting with.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"I know, I know, I am not happy about it either. But I would rather risk that than the wrath of the gods for leaving these idiots to die. Use the wand on Jonka, at least, would you? Let us see if he agrees with Jilsa."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The trouble is that we are low on horses. If we assume that the pursuing group has some way to catch up...well, they are still likely to catch up. That is one reason I should stay behind...besides, tied up or not, if I can talk with them, I may be able to help. If we don't do that, how are we going to prevent the pursuing group catching up? One idea is to use the hustling plan from before--if those on foot hustle three hours out of eight or add in an hour or two of forced march, they can catch up with encumbered horses. The girls seem sure that the pursuers cannot likewise catch up."

[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Jilsa, what do you know about the pursuers?" Lasair asks, "Approximate number, capabilities that would allow them to catch up with your group, and languages they speak would be a plus. We obviously don't have enough horses here for everyone--we didn't even have enough horses for your group of eight to begin with--so it is possible that they might catch us if I don't stay behind. Either way, if it comes down to it, I want Jilna up on my horse. She must not drown. I am not sure if you are aware, but she is living for two now."[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Phoenix: It would probably be easier for me to roll. Describe exactly how you'd like to go about the healing (ie. Limit the charges per bandit, heal to consciousness, heal to 0 or higher, heal to 1 or higher, heal Jonka first and have a chat, heal each individually and have a chat, etc.)

Jilsa, still stunned that her would-be victims are preparing to save her, replies automatically, "
There will be several of them, maybe 10 in all, but some will be off the path and in the woods. Surely some will speak your language, a few will speak Sylvan, and the religious will speak the language of the Water Goddess. They will not be on horseback, but those on the main road will move at a normal pace, I think. And what do you mean about Jilna? She has always lived for two, since the day we both were born, and now that she and Jonka have the spirit-siblings' consent, she lives for four, of course. I do not see why this means she must ride with you
..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sylvan]"Someone told me that your water goddess was a kind person. I do not know much about these so-called gods of the Western lands, but is it not considered wrong to twist those teachings to hatred and murder as your former people have done?...Well, I suppose that is why you are all alant now. Will there be a particular leader--Jilna's father maybe?"

"Oh, no, I don't mean that she has a bond with others...I mean,"[/SBLOCK] she places her hand over her womb, [SBLOCK=Sylvan]"She is living for two now. Do you understand?"[/SBLOCK]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Lasair," says Conuld, "are you trying to break the news to them subtly, or is there a custom that forbids you to speak openly of her condition?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is hard for me to say it in Sylvan. Perhaps it is because so few Sylvan creatures regularly reproduce in the same way that we humans do?" she considers, "All the alternatives seem to carry inappropriate nuances, especially if they don't know already, and it seems they don't. I am sorry. Do you have any good translations, Conuld?"

Remove ads