• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Sojourn in Sairundan [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...I have a bit of trust in the universal meaning of that hand sign," Lasair ponders, "And now that you made me think of it, I think I have a way to say it anyway--there is a word for 'young one', so I can just say. 'Jilna and Jonka have a young one now'. That would probably work out."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Yes," says Conuld simply. He fills in the others. "She expects approximately ten pursuers, some on the road, others scouting the woods, and some may be 'holy men', which I think are likely to be clerics of Galatea. If we are to avoid them, we will need to move soon. If we are to negotiate, I would still prefer to do so from a position of strength, and I used up far too many of my prepared spells just now. If we could contrive not to meet them until I have slept and recovered, I would be pleased."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Conuld, do I have my emotional parasites mixed up? Is not Galatea supposed to be a kind and forgiving sort, and thus her holy men as well?"

"Regardless, if you leave me behind, I can slow them down by at least eight hours, which is a full day of travel, and that is if I cannot convince them to cease pursuit altogether. If we will not do that, then I suggest a hustling forced march for the remainder of this day, at least for those on foot, in which case those on foot will actually travel farther than the horses...Hmmm..."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, since it seems we're in a bit of a hurry, I'll get started then. But I don't like usin' it up this way." Kurgahz growls before producing the wand and moving towards the downed bandits.

OOC: Rae, he'll heal Jonka first, but not stop for chatting since we're pressed for time. Kurgahz will only use the fewest charges needed to get each bandit concious and on his feet, which I guess means 1HP or higher.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We need to decide whether to run as fast as we can or to leave me behind. I would prefer to stay behind, as it does not put as much pressure on all of you. If we decide that way, I will need to ask for Jilsa and her friends to beat me up a bit while I still have extra energy--it won't really hurt me, but it can be used for cosmetic effect and then they can tie me up so that the placement of the ropes are such that I can cut through them with a flurry of crystals if needed."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Emotional para-... oh, I see." Conuld is rather glad that Lasair has not waited for his answer. "How will you stop perhaps ten pursuers, some of them spellcasters, by yourself, for eight hours?" he asks. "You seem very certain that you can."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I'll tell them to go back home to their temple and pray to their goddess for guidance to be sure this is the right thing to do before partaking of the path of vengeance. It will take them at least five hours to determine that this is not a good idea, and by then they might lose more like ten hours. If I can convince them to hustle back faster than they normally would forward, they may lose up to twenty."

"This plan banks on the fact that there will be a few people among the ten who, once convinced, will be able to lead the rest and have them follow, and it also counts on the fact that those leaders are likely to be the most learned and the ones who speak Sylvan or Common that Jilsa mentioned."

"Do not worry, though. Bound or not, I do not believe that I will be in any real danger."

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 2 (HP:22 AC:15)

Cludge looks up in horror at Lasair. Ye cannot mean it, miss? I won't have it! I won't stand fer it! Beautiful girl like you gettin' all beat up, an' not in a fair fight? Rubbish! Stuff and nonsense! An' all fer a gang o' young ruffians who're truly f****ed, in jus 'bout every respect (pardon my Drow, miss).
He shakes his shaggy head ruefully. What's this world comin' to? he grumbles. By Azwan's hoary rear! If'n yer after decepting them what follows, why not take some o' their clothes, I'll slit me thumb an' drop blood all over 'em, tear 'em up like a monster done et 'em.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We could try that, and we could leave the money too, as the monster wouldn't eat that--it will make it much more believable, as the bloody clothes would seem an obvious ploy to convince them to stop, while the money was all they had to survive, so it wouldn't make sense that they left it as part of such a ploy because the pursuers would not know that they met up with us. Then I can stay a safe distance and have Meliana watch to make sure that the money is not taken by someone other than the intended clan members. If they do indeed turn away, I will return to you. If they detect the ruse, Meliana will tell me and I can proceed to the next plan."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads