Eyes Of The Lich Queen

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
"The Children of Rhashaak lurk within the temple... blackscale shamans and priests honoring Rhashaak, their dragon god. Outside the temple... poison dusk scouts guard the paths up to it... hiding behind the trees and the grasses. Very hard to see. We are about five miles away from the temple, and patrols of six cover each path. However, we know of a secret spot nearby where you can camp and not be seen. High on a hill, too steep to climb from temple side, so patrols never go up there. From this side the trail up is hard but managable."

"We'd probably do well to regroup in a safe location and prepare for the morning," Donovan offers as he touches his wand to a particularly nasty leg wound, restoring the scaled flesh with a word. He clanks his shield against his breastplate as he notes, "If we're going to have to be doing some sneaking--and it looks like we are--I'm not best-equipped for it. I know the Flame can grant me a brief silence, but I'd have to ask for it tomorrow morning; I've already gathered my favors for today, and quiet isn't one of them."

[sblock=OOC]Looks like we might be resting shortly, but just in case, Donovan's going to stick to using the wand to heal the lizardfolk rather than burning through his store of spells. Or, if the wounds are minor enough, I suppose his +11 in Heal might be handy.[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jango said:
"Why are you wounded? If you are attacked in your own territory, we can fear to be attacked too if we fall on your enemy."
Krustach looks dejectedly down at the ground. "Sometimes the blackscales need to show who is in charge. Even when we do exactly what they ask."

Khalia said:
"Poison dusk scouts?"
The elder nods his head. "Many tribes of our kind, just like many families of yours. Blackscale lizardfolk, poison dusk lizardfolk, we of regular lizardfolk. Poison dusk lizardfolk are smaller, but sneakier. Nasty."

Donovan said:
"If we're going to have to be doing some sneaking--and it looks like we are--I'm not best-equipped for it. I know the Flame can grant me a brief silence, but I'd have to ask for it tomorrow morning; I've already gathered my favors for today, and quiet isn't one of them."
Krustach shakes his head. "If you follow the route I give to hidden place to camp, you should not need worry about noise. Path through the jungle and up hill is more difficult than continuing on set path..." he points to the very basic trail behind him and back the way they came, "but it will avoid patrols. And walking sounds do not carry far. Just don't scream at top of your voice is all." He smiles in humor.

Autumn

First Post
"Sounds perfect to me," Jina speaks up with a slightly shy smile. "I don't mind a little hard hiking if it saves cutting through patrols and raising the alarm." She shifts her balance a little. Her natural poise makes the hint of awkwardness hard to see, but for those who know her well it's evident enough. It's not in her nature to stay silent and humble, but in company with these seasoned adventurers - engaged in an important and perilous quest - she's still not quite used to thinking of herself as an equal member of the band.

After all, for all her hard training, she's still yet to have her abilities tested very far. But then again, it seems that state of affairs is unlikely to last much longer.

Mista Collins

First Post
Rogan speaks to Krustach in their native tongue.
[sblock=draconic]"Your information will prove most useful. Hopefully we can rid the burden these other lizardfolk cause your tribe. It has been a pleasure Krustach."[/sblock]

Turning to the rest of the party, Rogan continues. "I suggest we listen to Krustach's advice and make camp on the safety of the hill. Sounds like we will have a long days work cut out for us tomorrow."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

DEFCON 1 said:
"but it will avoid patrols. And walking sounds do not carry far. Just don't scream at top of your voice is all." He smiles in humor.

Donovan laughs. "I'll do my best," he says as he finishes with the last of the lizardfolk.

"I think we're set to go now," he announces to the others as he stows the healing wand.

drothgery

First Post
On one hand, Khalia thinks, I actually know some things that could be of use against a half-fiend dragon. On the other, I don't think I know enough that we would survive the experience.

"I have no objection to this plan." She says. It'd be nice if I could do my work from the comforts of ir'Indari manor, but since I cannot teleport and that costs rather more than father can afford to spend for anything less than a dire emergency, one must make do with the wilderness.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The party and the lizardfolk part ways, and Rogan leads the other seven into the trees. The directions that Krustach gave are fairly easy to follow, and after several hours of trudging through the underbrush, the beginnings of the rocky hill can be seen. Based on the sun above, it appears as though the group is approaching the hill and Temple beyond from the southeast.

Up, up, up the hill the party makes it way... picking out safer walkways over the tumbling boulders and stones that are half buried in the dirt. The sounds of rushing water can be heard farther east, as perhaps a river, steam or waterfall is crashing over the rocks on the far side of the hill. Another hour or so later, and the group reaches the top... blocked from any view from the north by the trees and large boulders across the hill's crest. It is here that everyone drops to the ground to rest, and camp for the night.

As the group converses, it is estimated and determined that they are further east of the main "trails" leading up to the Temple from the south. If what the elder lizardman said was true, each of those trails would have a half-dozen poison dusk rangers and scouts patrolling them. From where they currently are, the party shouldn't be able to be seen or heard, but by the same token, none of the party can see or hear the lizards from here either. If further knowledge of the environs is wanted, one or more of the group would have to go down the extremely steep northern face of the hill and continue further north towards the Temple... and hopefully not be seen.

Remove ads