Eyes Of The Lich Queen

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Elven]"Most likely they are from one of teh tribe that must gives tribute to the strongest one. I doubt they like that."[/SBLOCK] quickly tells Jango, hoping Rogan will understand his idea.

Unkabear

First Post
In the back of the group where Aern was relegated softly and slowly Aerndel slides the Lute that he has had strapped across his back into his hands his fingers beginning a very soft melody, so soft that unless you cupped your ears to the bowl of the Lute you might not have heard it. The song is soft and sweet and spoke of hope. Aerndel prepared for battle readying himself to inspire his comrades courage if the signs of battle immerged.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: I had thought the lizardfolk were only visible to Rogan as of DEFCON1's last post...

Khalia watched and waited. She knew a great deal about how to fight aberrations, constructs, dragons, elementals, magical beasts, outsiders, and undead... and lizardfolk were none of those.

Velmont

First Post
drothgery said:
OOC: I had thought the lizardfolk were only visible to Rogan as of DEFCON1's last post...

OOC: reading again DEFCON1 post, I think you are right. I think it is stonegod post that confused me on that... in that case, it would be only Rogan who could interact with them.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Rogan looks back and signals to the group when they come into view. Ari's hand drops to his weapon's handle, and those that are looking notice that one or two of the lizardfolk do the same. The tensions run high for a moment until the young elf begins speaking in a language many in the group don't understand (although it is obvious the lizardfolk do.)

Jango said:
"Hold On! No need to shed blood. We might even be able to help your tribe. You can listen to us before unsheathing your weapons. You'll have plenty of chance to kill us afterwards... or get killed, we are not defenseless either."
The very subtle hint of threat from Jango's last sentence is not lost on the lead lizardman, and it is for this reason that their attitude does not seem to improve when he speaks to them. (Diplomacy check - Current attitude Unfriendly: [6] + 6 diplomacy + 2 speak draconic = 14 *failure to improve*)

However, before the six lizardfolk actually draw their weapons, the Daggerspell Guardian senses that they were not overwhelmed by Jango statement, and Rogan quickly steps forward to speak with his opposite number in their group. Aern's music slowly builds, and it's dulcet tones help keep everyone off edge.

Rogan said:
"Bloodshed would be uncalled for. We just want to pass through as we have somewhere we want to be. I am sure you have somewhere you'd like to be, also. And if you agree, the grave is not a good place for any of us."
The lizardman scout looks into Rogan's eyes and the two of them hold each other's gaze for a few moments. They both seem to realize they want the same thing at the same time... avoiding trouble... and slowly they both break out into smiles. The scout turns to his group and tells them to relax. (Diplomacy check - Current attitude Unfriendly: [13] + 16 diplomacy + 2 speak draconic + 2 inspire competence = 33 *improve to Friendly*)

One of the lizardfolk in the back... an older one with graying skin... steps forward and addresses the party in Common. "We not want trouble. I am Krustach, leader. We are just going home to the tribe."

[sblock=Khalia: ]You notice on one of the lizardfolk's staves a symbol hidden amongst the carvings, which is the symbol of the Cold Sun tribe. This is the tribe that you've already had dealings with back in Seawell that you know to be on friendly terms with the people of the town. [/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari's hand stays where it is, and Onyx's tail whisks side to side. But otherwise, the hexer waits, giving the others a chance to speak.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Elven]"Rogan, Sur'Kil told us that the tribes of this region was giving tribute to one tribe, the one who guards the temple we seek. If it is the case, these lizardfolks might not like to be the inferior tribe. they might be willing to help us if we are going into the leader's tribe territory."[/SBLOCK] tells Jango to Rogan

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

Donovan sits at the back of the group, quiet as his companions converse, though as the tension seems to leave the situation, he does whisper to Khalia, "I don't suppose you speak any of this? It looks like something good just happened, but hells if I know what anyone's saying right now."

drothgery

First Post
jkason said:
Donovan sits at the back of the group, quiet as his companions converse, though as the tension seems to leave the situation, he does whisper to Khalia, "I don't suppose you speak any of this? It looks like something good just happened, but hells if I know what anyone's saying right now."

"Rogan convinced the lizardfolk to leave us be." Khalia said. "I am not quite sure what Jango said to him after that, though; the elves of our time seem to avoid doing damage to the fabric of the universe, and we use Draconic for High Church writings in our own tradition, so I have never studied the Elven tongue."

Mista Collins

First Post
Heeding Jango's words, Rogan turns to the man who introduced himself and in the Common tongue and Rogan returns the favor so that the rest of the group can understand.

"I am Rogan. It is a pleasure to meet you Krustach." Rogan says with a nod to the leader. "Were you out on the hunt today? We are on a hunt of sorts, ourselves. We are looking for a temple in this area. Any chance we might be heading the right way? The last thing I'd want to happen is spend days heading the wrong way."

Remove ads