Eyes Of The Lich Queen

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Khalia said:
"I agree to your terms."
Sur'Kil smiles at her response, and smiles at the others who have agreed to do this favor for him. "Please be assured you have my utmost thanks, and the thanks of my brethren in The Chamber. We are the few of our kind who are willing to trust and work with your ilk, and I hope this ends up being a useful proposition for all of us. Mister Osten, let us please prepare your company for it's journey."

He leads the group back out of the temple and returning to the campsite. There he speaks with a number of his Guardians, and soon several Kundarak ledgers are brought out. One by one, each of the eight volunteers are written official Banker's Guild bank notes for the first week of their service of 250 gold each. The rest of the day and into the next, preparations are made to get the party ready to head out... replenishing supplies, sharpening weapons, the whole nine yards. The next morning as the group stands ready to leave, the dragon addresses them once more. "I cannot stress enough my thanks for what you are doing. Please do not hesitate to contact me through the sending stones when you have notice of the situation with the artifact. I look forward to speaking with you all again. Good luck to you all."

He shakes the hand of each of the members one at a time, whispering kind remarks of thanks to each of them. When all is ready, the group begins it's march out of the camp, heading southeast.

OOC: If there is anything further any of you need to do or speak to before you leave, please do so, as well as replenish any supplies you think you might need.

Aern, please decide if you will reveal yourself to be a changeling, and if so, which form will you be travelling in.

Finally, please set a general march positioning for your character (out front, guarding the rear, in the middle etc.)

Velmont

First Post
Jango picks up his backpack and looks at the others. "I'm ready to go."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Suggesting marching order:
Skargash/Ari
Jina/Jango
Khalia/Donovan
Aern/Rogan[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
"I am also ready." Rogan says the next morning with a smile as he is excited to be off exploring some place he has never been. "It might be best if I scout ahead a little, it is what I've been trained to do."

Waiting for the other's to finish getting ready for their journey, Rogan will talk with anyone who stands around him to listen. "Do you think we will run into tribes of Lizardfolk? I've encountered a few before, but never a large amount. I bet it would be exciting. I could use the excuse to brush up on my Draconic. Being out here in the woods for the last few months with the Daggerspell Guardians I really haven't been able to converse in the different languages I know."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

Mista Collins said:
"I am also ready." Rogan says the next morning with a smile as he is excited to be off exploring some place he has never been. "It might be best if I scout ahead a little, it is what I've been trained to do."

Donovan, sorting through his things, looks up to the scout. "You make a good point. If you're watching the front, it's probably a good idea to be prepared for danger from behind, as well." Hefting his mace, and making a clank and rattle as he shrugs in his armor, the priest smiles. "In another life, I'd never consider it, but I think I'll stay to the back, in case someone decides they want to come at us from there."

Waiting for the other's to finish getting ready for their journey, Rogan will talk with anyone who stands around him to listen. "Do you think we will run into tribes of Lizardfolk? I've encountered a few before, but never a large amount. I bet it would be exciting. I could use the excuse to brush up on my Draconic. Being out here in the woods for the last few months with the Daggerspell Guardians I really haven't been able to converse in the different languages I know."

Here, Donovan shrugs. "I don't know much of anything bout Lizardfolk, myself. And nothing too exotic in the tongues I speak. If all we have to do is talk with them, though, I say bring them on. I'm not keen on seeking them out if they're going to be taking claw swipes at us, though."

Mista Collins

First Post
jkason said:
Here, Donovan shrugs. "I don't know much of anything bout Lizardfolk, myself. And nothing too exotic in the tongues I speak. If all we have to do is talk with them, though, I say bring them on. I'm not keen on seeking them out if they're going to be taking claw swipes at us, though."

"Well I don't know too much about Lizardfolk themselves, just about their native tongue." Rogan says as the others finish getting ready. "When my father was station in Q'barran as a consulate from Cyre, may the Purple Jewel in Galifar's Crown always shine, he made sure I studied as many languages of Khorvaire as possible. It has helped me survive some of the most peculiar situations I have been in since the day he went missing."

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, human cleric

Mista Collins said:
"When my father was station in Q'barran as a consulate from Cyre, may the Purple Jewel in Galifar's Crown always shine, he made sure I studied as many languages of Khorvaire as possible. It has helped me survive some of the most peculiar situations I have been in since the day he went missing."

Donovan frowns. "I'm sorry for your loss. I hope one day you find out what happened to him."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The rest of the day the party gathers what supplies it needs, speaks to each other and the other men and women around the camp, and then begins the journey to the southeast. Rogan moves off ahead and takes stock of their pathways... keeping careful eye out for any other people or animals that might be traversing through the jungle as well. The others fall in behind him, and they make good time.

For five days their travels take them up and down hills, around bracken and swamp, and across areas that look to have been trailed before. Ari's tracking skills allow him to gather that it's mainly lizardfolk who have wandered through these areas before... not to the surprise of anyone. However, in that time you do not run into anyone.

About a day or so out from where you've been told the temple should be, the party turns yet another corner along the overgrown jungle trail. Rogan suddenly comes across a well-armed lizardman standing somewhat surprised in the middle of the path. Both point-men had been traveling so quietly that neither had heard the other before rounding the corner. The lizardman eyes Rogan warily as he motions to another half-dozen lizardfolk behind him, all of whom freeze in their tracks as well. Well, it had to happen sooner or later you figured. Rogan hears the advance of the others in the party come up from behind him.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari was quiet for most of the journey, something obviously still eating at him. At the mention of lizardfolk, he spoke briefly, recalling their previous encounter with them. He did not care for them---their predation on Seawall were too recent in his memory.

As Ari spots Rogan frozen in his tracks and then sees what has his attention, his hand goes immediately to his weapon. A cold, ready look comes on his face. In a low whisper, he says, "If were are going to talk, someone better do it quick. Otherwise, I need to get to work."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Draconic]"Hold On! No need to shed blood."[/SBLOCK] tells Jango while he puts his hand on Ari's one who hold the sword pommel, but Ari can feels that the prophet isn,t retraining his arm at all. [SBLOCK=Draconic]"We might even be able to help your tribe. You can listen to us before unsheating your weapon. You'll have plenty of chance to kill us after... or get killed, we are not defenceless either."[/SBLOCK] adds Jango, hoping that the stick and carrot will be enough to hold the lizards action.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Help them? It does not look like they need help; their scout is quite capable." Rogan says as he keeps an eye on the lizardfolk. As tempted as he is to draw his daggers, he keeps his hands away from their sheathes. Turning to the lizardfolk's scout, Rogan continues in the Draconic tongue.

[sblock=Draconic]"Bloodshed would be uncalled for. We just want to pass through as we have somewhere we want to be. I am sure you have somewhere you'd like to be, also. And if you agree, the grave is not a good place for any of us."[/sblock]

Remove ads