Ode To Dessy Writting prt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imreis

First Post
Im not even justifying that with any response but i will point out to ANYONE reading the threads i started my second post on this thread:

"And before it gets brought up, Im not telling anyone how to do what they are doing but im just offering something for people to conciter. About four or five of my own points iv'e made in both of these threads now i myself am guilty of and i know it. It is the whole reason i even posted these up is because perhaps if its pointed out to new players or old players these traits we all have fallen into will break away."

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Lets not forget that while guidelines are useful and appreciated, but when it comes to ISRP... I always try to remind myself that anything is within the realm of possibility. Why couldn't someone have zippers or velcro? I mean, look around... There are demons popping out from everywhere. Who cares if the era didn't exist in which they were made. Any character can pull the line that they're from an alternate reality where these objects exist. Who is to say that the person wearing purple isn't royalty? You never know... they could be. Does it have to make sense? No, not really. It doesn't make any sense that a pit fiend is socializing with a mere human when according to the guidelines they're technically either suppose to be eating them or taking their soul. So why get all heated over what should and shouldn't be in a description when nothing on ISRP is either black or white because everyone can live in their own little gray universe?

Saera Duraston

First Post
I think what helps most is if you're aware of what the general NPC culture would be like and where your char differs.

Magic and/or alternate universes can explain any technology or character style, sure, but that's different from assuming that your sixteen-year-old runaway farmgirl from just down the road would be wearing/using this stuff.

Ruthia

First Post
Willow_Calypso said:
So why get all heated over what should and shouldn't be in a description when nothing on ISRP is either black or white because everyone can live in their own little gray universe?

Um who got all heated here? I only see one heated post honestly. And sure people can come from anywhere and be anyone

But um according to your setting rules only certain things are allowed.

So that means..Sure you can come from the plane of Furryoppolise....But you had best be willing to get hauled off by the local CRT guard if you show up with a tail and ears. Also if your traveling to other planes, be whatever your reason for it, I would think most try to blend in with the local populace...not stick out. Sticking out gets you in trouble...

I don't know, just my thoughts.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Ruthia said:
Um who got all heated here? I only see one heated post honestly. And sure people can come from anywhere and be anyone

But um according to your setting rules only certain things are allowed.

So that means..Sure you can come from the plane of Furryoppolise....But you had best be willing to get hauled off by the local CRT guard if you show up with a tail and ears. Also if your traveling to other planes, be whatever your reason for it, I would think most try to blend in with the local populace...not stick out. Sticking out gets you in trouble...

I don't know, just my thoughts.

People take things so literal. By my 'heated' comment; I was talking about people trying to chump other people and people feeling it necessary to defend themselves. Oi vey. Try to keep the peace and you get such negative response in return. A person is damned if they do and damned if they don't by saying anything, especially if it is neutral. Sad. Truly sad.

Also I hope you're using 'Your Setting Rules' ambiguously, because I didn't make any setting rules - I just adhere by them. I almost feel like that was an attempt at some type of jab.

And yes, technically a character can come from Furyopposite and still be a usable character within the setting if the player adheres to the COC guidelines by keeping the said offending traits non-visible to the villagers/NYers. It has been noted that the CRT has portals within the establishment that cater to different realms, the TMP has access to Star Gates, and Waterdeep is known for their large amount of Lycanthrope NPCs. So who says that the character HAS to leave the CRT/TMP/Rotunda and mingle with the villagers? It is fantasy after all. Playing a character that when unveiled is against the COC just requires a lot of creativity on the players part, or you could simply play the character in a room that allows it - there is a room that allows just about anything.

But this is my last tidbit to offer, because I'm straying away from the general purpose of the thread.

I just have my little individuality revolution over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads