Constables of the 14th Ward

Maeglin

First Post
“Darius is on the right track there, I think,” Rahvin says. “The obvious motive for kidnapping a mapmaker is that you need a map made. Either its a map to some particular place he has already been to, or has detailed knowledge of, or it is a new place that has been discovered and some one needs to make a map.”

“The other possibility is that they need him to decipher some sort of an obscure, or cryptic map.”

“Were any of Mr. Lyman's mapmaking supplies stolen from his home, Delvish?”
Rahvin asks. From his long travels, Stormcrow has some idea of the materials needed to craft a good map. “Most of the materials needed for mapmaking are simple: inks and quills. However, maps are usually drafted on large sheets of vellum or parchment. In addition, compasses and rulers are usually needed. Perhaps we could make inquiries at local suppliers and we may be able to track any recent purchases or thefts of those.”

“Even if Lyman is expected to decipher a map, he may still need some of these implements, like magnifying glasses and calipers.”

[sblock=note] Rahvin takes 10 on Profession: Mapmaker (10+1=11) to figure out what the basic tools are...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maeglin

First Post
“We also need to consider how we are going to enter the no-man's land that lies beyond the Dammit Wall.” Rahvin muses out loud. “Going in with Constabulary surcoats and truncheons may spark a riot. If we go in openly, we probably should be armed and armored to the teeth.”

“We could, on the other hand, attempt to enter inconspicuously. Perhaps in smaller groups, and in disguise. That way, we might be able to make some discreet inquiries.”

“Or we could try both approaches by splitting off into two teams...”

Rahvin looks expectantly at the other Constables.

[sblock=ooc] Shall we discuss plans here? Or at the OOC thread? Shall we assume Darius and Alarion have been placed in command by Iggy, as discussed previously? They both seem like good candidates to me, as both have shown good ideas so far...Or would people prefer to put it to a vote? Having some sort of official leader(s) will probably help to expedite decision making, and fits the whole police proceure thing... [/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Plan here, please

ooc: We would like to see everyone stay very much in character while you make your plans, so moving this discussion to the ooc thread is not really desirable. Everyone is making good contributions! The statement about who your "leaders" are was just a suggestion, btw. But, it is true that having one voice for the party might be a good thing in some situations.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

Alarion laughs, his smile contagious. "Although as I am sure you all know, I would prefer a frontal assault, even we would have a problem fighting our way through those wretched slums if we know not where we are heading. It would be wisest to see if our brothers-at-arms in the 3rd ward have any informants who may help identify the area to be searched or attacked." He turns thoughtful. "I do believe, however, that any way we enter, we should be accoutered for battle."

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"It's as if you're reading my mind Alarion! The alleged involvement of at least one orc suggests that the area inside the Dammit wall is where our mapmaker has disappeared to. However, we must be properly prepared before entering that war zone and information will be our most important commodity. Before approaching our bretheren of the 3rd, I recommend that we split up into teams of two and three to canvas the area around the mapmakers shop and work our way along the most likely routes to the Dammit Wall seeking witnesses to the abduction and general information about travel inside the Dammit Wall. Let's regroup at nightfall at the Cap and Truncheon on Mason Street (just this side of the 10th ward). If we come up empty, we can plan our approach to Magistrate Wormwood on the morrow."[/highlight] Darius seems determined to take things one step at a time.

Lou

Explorer
Raul during the briefing

J. Alexander said:
"When it is convient, I would like a copy of the client list" Andrew states. Then pausing as if in thought he asks "Has his wife been interviewed as to what her husband was working during the last few weeks or if he has been looking at a particular set of reference maps from which he was copying"

Raul will meditate as he sips his coffee, listening intently to the briefing and discussion.

"Do we know who his suppliers are? He may have recently received a map or supplies that someone desires and needs his assistance to use." Raul asks of the assembled group.

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

Softly Andrew comments on Ravin's desire to split the team "Branches are easier to break than the trunk, we would be ill advised at this time splitting into smaller groups which could be easily overwhelmed. From what we have been told the indiviudal or individuals behind this crime are motivated, have an excellent sense of timing and a grasp of street tactics. If we are to indeed go beyond the Dammit wall, we need more information and time to prepare our assault properly as an assault it will surly turn into"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"Let us take the middle road then. We shall start at the halfling's shop. We can decide on the need to split up based on what we find there. Mayhap Jonas, Andrew, or one of our esteemed magic-users may be able to find a trail."

xedr

First Post
Darius comments [highlight]"We can certainly defer the decision to split into groups until we see the layout, but Andrew is opposed to splitting inside the Dammit Wall, as am I. Outside the Dammit Wall the risk in daylight is minimal and we could group Alarion with Thea and Andrew; Myself with Moru, Soulfetter with Rahvin, and Jonas with Raul. Four teams can gather information much more quickly than a massed group."[/highlight]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Andrew Dresden

Darius is absolutely correct! We apologize for the oversight in his omission from the Rogue's Gallery. Andrew's player has been instructed to remedy this situation with all due haste! Again, please accept our apologies for the oversight.

Remove ads