Constables of the 14th Ward

Maeglin

First Post
“Very well,” Rahvin says. “We can start by speaking to Mrs. Lyman, and find out if any supplies were stolen from Mr. Lyman's house. She can probably tell us who his suppliers were. From there we can make inquiries at the local stores.”

“Shall we go, Soulfetter?”

[sblock=plans] Rahvin will do a Gather info check,which takes (1d4+1=5) hours to see about any missing map supplies.

Gather info check for missing map supplies (1d20+11=20)

Rahvin also uses a Local knowledge check to recall any info on groups of orcs beyond the Dammit Wall (1d20+8=11) as well as a
Local knowledge check to recall any social customs in the area beyond Dammit wall (1d20+8=26)

[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
For Rahvin

[sblock]The Social Customs inside the Dammit Wall are simple: THERE ARE NO SOCIAL CUSTOMS. It is a wild lawless area. Generally you'll find more ethics among a tribe of orcs living in the wilderness than you'll ever find inside the Dammit Wall.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maeglin

First Post
[sblock=LOL] LOL on the sblock thing, Leif...
I was thinking in terms of any streetgangs that might rule certain areas, or any particular gang of orcs that might be in there... dunno.... So far I'm picturing the land beyond the Dammit Wall sort of like the movie Escape from New York, where they had the Crazies in the underground tunnel, The Duke of New York's gang ruled the street, etc...

Maybe some different power groups... Maybe just asking too much. :)

and sorry about the leader thing... didn't mean to rock the boat...

And just in case, its "[ sblock = whatever ] text [ /sblock ]" but without spaces or quotation marks [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Maeglin said:
[sblock=LOL] LOL on the sblock thing, Leif...
I was thinking in terms of any streetgangs that might rule certain areas, or any particular gang of orcs that might be in there... dunno.... So far I'm picturing the land beyond the Dammit Wall sort of like the movie Escape from New York, where they had the Crazies in the underground tunnel, The Duke of New York's gang ruled the street, etc...

Maybe some different power groups... Maybe just asking too much. :)

and sorry about the leader thing... didn't mean to rock the boat...

And just in case, its "[ sblock = whatever ] text [ /sblock ]" but without spaces or quotation marks [/sblock]

[sblock=Rahvin] oh, ok. Well, there aren't any such groups that are powerful enough to have come to the attention of Constables as far away as the 14th. Incidentally, it was the "=" that I couldn't get right! I kept trying to make it work with a colon. Duh. Oh, and Escape From New York was exactly what I was thinking of when we wrote the Dammit Wall into the story![/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

Maeglin said:
“Very well,” Rahvin says. “We can start by speaking to Mrs. Lyman, and find out if any supplies were stolen from Mr. Lyman's house. She can probably tell us who his suppliers were. From there we can make inquiries at the local stores.”

“Shall we go, Soulfetter?”

"Let's go impress the citizens of the Second with our Gentility!"

SoulFetter will stay in the background during Rahvin's talks with Mrs. Lyman, then take the lead in the inquiries at the stores.

[sblock]He'll make full use of the persuasive skills imparted by his resident Vestige, including using the Disguise Self ability to make himself appear either more or less threatening (bigger/smaller, nicer/meaner, etc.) as the situation warrants. There's also a Persuasion power attached to this Vestige that he'll make use of if necessary - we can either role play it or you can just sprinkle liberal bonuses to my Gather Information rolls. :)

Gather Information (1d20+5=24), taking 1d4+1=5 Hours)[/sblock]

Last edited:

xedr

First Post
Darius envisions starting at the mapmaker's shop and working their way along one of the likely routes of abduction, Darius and Moru would knock on doors, talk to shopkeepers, pedestrians, children, etc., describing Mr. Lyman and seeking information regarding any unusual happenings on the night of July 30th. Initially, Darius and Moru would display their truncheons and, as needed, badges. As they progress from the 2nd into the 3rd, they would gradually transition from authoritative figures to "concerned neighbors", spending more time in bars and social spots without visible truncheons or badges. They would also keep their ears open for information about traffic into or out of the Dammit Wall. [sblock=OOC]Gather info; time spent (1d20+4=13, 1d4+1=5)[/sblock]However, Darius decides that, until they see the crime scene, they're getting ahead of themselves.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul during the briefing 2

[sblock=issue]Has the 2nd offered to provide us with a local expert/liasion/babysitter/spy? If the issue never comes up, Raul will ask how we can contact a liasion officer for help with locals.[/sblock]

Before the group sets out, Raul inquires, "Is the mapmaker's shop within sight of any taller buildings close-by? I'd like to get a bird's eye view of the mapmaker's place from other surrounding buildings. We passed Bloom's on the way in, is it near there?" Raul thinks to himself, "And I'd like a look around the upper floor greenhouse of Bloom's, too, now that noxious plant-growing is a crime in the 14th."

"As part of our initial investigation, Jonas, how about we seek out nearby roofs and upper floors to check the view? Perhaps someone saw something from there. What else should we focus on?"

When alone with Jonas, Raul quietly asks, "What did a close investigation of the sewer book revealed? Anything interesting?"

[sblock=dice rolls]Raul's search of nearby rooftops, upper floors, etc. looking over the mapmaker's shop/house for what can be seen, who might has seen something, etc.
5 hours, roll=10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

As the meeting begins to break up Andrew will go over to Alarion and nod for Thea to join the group "Since the sewers seem to be a common thread so far shall we take a look at the ones in the 2nd, especially around the Lyman residence"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"Morwyn's mercy, Andrew! More sewer crawling? You are more experienced than I in these endeavors, and I am willling to bow to your wisdom. However, I would think all we may be able to find out with our current strategy - other than any information on possible culprits obtained from the little fellow's wife or papers - is where the orcish kidnappers climbed the Dammit Wall. That would put us no closer to finding where he is." He rises to his feet and looks at Thea and Andrew, frowning. "Of course, there is also the possibility that he is NOT within that wall... but in my experience, orcs are not sophisticated enough for such a convoluted tactic." He smiles once more. "Let us start by canvassing the area as Darius suggested. We can examine the sewer grates for tampering as we go."

[sblock=OOC]
Gather Info 16, required 3 hours
Search roll for examining sewer covers: 11
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

"Yes it does seem a little too intelligent for a pack of orcs, yet there does seem to be some signifiance attached to sewers but I am fine with spending a few hours canvassing the neighborhood" Andrew replies to the Knight's statement

1d20+4-> [6,4] = (10) for Gather Information

Remove ads