Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Angus's Answer

Angus flips a few pages back and forth, looks disturbed for a moment, and then says, "No other intruding orcs have been reported. We do have a few who are servants or laborers here, but we keep a watchful eye on them. We did ask around a bit, but we learned nothing that was any help to this investigation. There have been no other vanishings recently that we could detect."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

"His kidnappers were orcs. They headed for the so-called Dammit wall." Alarion looks pensive for a moment. "Meseems we are destined for a bloody time within that abandoned hive of scoundrels in the 3rd ward..."

Leif

Adventurer
Charles Festus

Mr. Festus has been looking more and more pensive during Angus's extended exposition, and now he thrusts his chair back hard and rises, "Well, I hate to leave you, but I've really got to get a move on if I'm going to make that meeting! Oh, incidentally, I'll smooth this situation over as best I can with ol' Magistrate Wormwood in the Third Ward, and try to get him to just stay back and let you work, but he might insist on sending some of his constables with you. And, if that happens, you would be well-advised to keep BOTH eyes on any of those wankers that go with you!" With that, Charles Festus leaves to attend his meeting.

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

"Could you tell me Angus, if MR. Lyman had a reputation for specializing in any particular area of mapmaking....perhaps the undercity or a particular ward"

Scotley

Hero
Angus glances at the departing Magistrate Festus, who danes to answer this one. "Well, we believe that most of Mr. Lyman's business focused on local maps of his own design as well copying and reselling maps of various parts of the world, but that he may have done some survey maps of areas below street level. Now I really must be off."

Last edited:

xedr

First Post
Darius pipes up [highlight]"Do we perchance have a description or picture of this mapmaker? And has anybody checked his business records to get a list of recent clients?"[/highlight]

Scotley

Hero
An artist's rendering of a halfling of perhaps late middle age is provided. "We've been following up on the client list, but so far nothing that would suggest dealings with Orcs or known criminals has been found."

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

"When it is convient, I would like a copy of the client list" Andrew states. Then pausing as if in thought he asks "Has his wife been interviewed as to what her husband was working during the last few weeks or if he has been looking at a particular set of reference maps from which he was copying"

Then as if taking notes Andrew will write on a slip of paper and position it where Alarion and Soulfetter can observe it

For Alarion and Soulfetter
[sblock]We are the obvious muscel for something?[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
Darius comments [highlight]"Pardon me for stating the obvious, but it appears that the kidnappers wanted Mr. Lyman specifically, either for his knowledge, or perhaps for his expertise. To me, at least, his only particular usefulness would appear to be to obtain or create a map that is not otherwise available. Is anybody aware of any ongoing or unusual surveying activities? Or any tunneling activities?"[/highlight] Darius thinks I'm not about to go running inside the Dammit Wall without something more concrete to go on than a picture and an anonymous orc. Maybe we can ask the constables in the 3rd Ward if they have any contacts inside.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
For Darius

OOC: You really feel like you would have heard something from Magistrate Ironshirt about any surveying that was going on now. He keeps his ear pretty close to the ground about such things, and you doubt if he could possibly fail to issue at least one good rant about it, if he knew of any such. Good thoughts, though.

Remove ads