Constables of the 14th Ward

Maeglin

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Leif said:
[ooc: I will graciously presume that your musings about "commoners" were not said aloud! Although this is not terribly clear from your post.]

Not meaning to butt in, (or antagonize the DM's, Gods of the Tree forbid! ;) ) but... I think Alarion used italics, and no quotation marks... seemed internal dialogue if you ask me, but... shall we use any particular convention for that?

Personally, I do the same he does, but do not use the colored text, so it stands out as different... Perhaps you can try a lighter shade of the spoken text color, so it looks different...

:)
[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Leif said:
[ooc: I will graciously presume that your musings about "commoners" were not said aloud! Although this is not terribly clear from your post

Oops! I missed this line when I first read your post. Indeed, by using italics, and not using quotation marks, I meant to convey internal dialogue. I'm sorry for any confusion. I like Maeglin's idea of using a lighter color... will do that in the future.

[/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Raul out of the sewer

Raul exits the sewer with the others, extinguishing the last of his torch on the alley.

As the healer makes the rounds, Raul signals that he too needs healing. Raul bows to the healer, "In the name of St. Ebelvrin I thank you." as he receives healing from his wounds from the swarm.

Hearing the chastisement of the magistrate, Raul sighs to himself, "I'll bet St. Ebelvrin never had a boss like Iggy. Then again, perhaps he did and that is why St. Ebelvrin is known for his patience."

After I. I. leaves, Raul turns to his comrades and asks,"Are we then finished with our rounds in the 14th? Perhaps a quick stop to resupply before we go on to the 2nd?"

[sblock=OOC]I've been using italics in quotes for thoughts and RoyalBlue colored text in quotes for speech.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Helfdan said:
"Milady Amalthea, could you please see if master Wheatstalk can tell us this poor fellow's name and address? Once we are done with that, I suggest those of us besoiled should change clothes, then head over to the second ward."

"You kidding? And have Iggy riding us for taking another detour?" Moru says as he waits for the healer to get to him. "Give me a minute..."

Cracking his knuckles, Moru smiles, gibbering for a brief second. Then he runs his fingers through his oily hair, which in that instant comes clean. In short order, a ripple in the air seems to pass from head to toe on the magician, extracting and eliminating any muck or filth as it moves to his boots. While the effect does nothing to repair the minor rips caused by animal bites, in less than a minute the man's uniform looks like it just came from the laundry.

"There. Much faster than running for new clothes," he says. "Anyone else for a quick clean-up?"

[sblock=OOC]Moru's casting Prestidigitation. Since one of the effects is "It can color, clean, or soil items in a 1-foot cube each round," it seems just what the doctor ordered. It Lasts an hour, which should be more than enough time to clean everyone's clothes of the sewer muck without our having to stop or detour.[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

"You, friend, are a godsend. I will gladly accept your thaumaturgical cleansing, by Barcarus." Alarion smiles thankfully at the mage, then turns to see Raul sighing.
"Pay it no mind, my elvish friend. He means well, master Ignatious does. 'Tis no fault of his he lacks courtly graces." Somehow the others could never tell if the (usually blunt) knight was serious or merely using humor to deal with the magistrate's outbursts.

xedr

First Post
After washing off the worst of the muck from a nearby rain barrel, Darius accepts the ministrations of the healer, instructing the healer to bill Magistrate Iggy for his services. Catching Alarion's eye, Darius says [highlight]"Sir Alarion, yanking on Iggy's chain like that isn't going to do you or us any good. When he's in a mood, just let one of our smooth talkers deal with him. Andrew, for example, seems to be able to direct Iggy's wrath better than most. In any event, the terrorist is gone and we need to catch the understreet over to the 2nd ward. If everybody's all set, let's move out."[/highlight]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

xedr said:
After washing off the worst of the muck from a nearby rain barrel, Darius accepts the ministrations of the healer, instructing the healer to bill Magistrate Iggy for his services. Catching Alarion's eye, Darius says [highlight]"Sir Alarion, yanking on Iggy's chain like that isn't going to do you or us any good. When he's in a mood, just let one of our smooth talkers deal with him. Andrew, for example, seems to be able to direct Iggy's wrath better than most. In any event, the terrorist is gone and we need to catch the understreet over to the 2nd ward. If everybody's all set, let's move out."[/highlight]

"Now, my good man, today I did not bait him, I merely informed him of a murder." He then smiles at Darius. "But I do not think I shall ever understand city-folk. As a knight my only option is to view his rantings with humor. An I took him at his word, we would have met at the lists long ago. But you are correct, friend Darius. We should get going."

Leif

Adventurer
Helfdan said:
[sblock=OOC]

Oops! I missed this line when I first read your post. Indeed, by using italics, and not using quotation marks, I meant to convey internal dialogue. I'm sorry for any confusion. I like Maeglin's idea of using a lighter color... will do that in the future.
[/sblock]

OOC: Yes, but when I originally saw it, the ENTIRE POST was in italics, and the private musings were not distinguished from the spoken words. I knew what you meant, however, and I was just giving you a playful poke in the ribs. hehe In spite of my enWorld avatar, I'm NOT that draconic! :)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
time to head for the Second ward

You now begin to wrap up your loose ends, and get ready to make your way to the Second Ward, and your meeting with Charley Festus. There's nothing left for you to do here, and it's time to go now.

Last edited:

Remove ads