Pirate's Guide to Freeport -- Impressions?

Crothian

First Post
It is awesome!! :D

That's my first impression. I haven't read it all yet though and one day I hope to review it. But reviews are going slow these days.

ssampier

First Post
For someone running a D&D/d20 game is the lack of stats a minus?

I am really considering this book. I want to use Freeport in place of Sasserine for my version of Savage Tide.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
ssampier,

Well I can't fault you on that. While I liked Sasserine, replacing it with Freeport seems...cooler some how.

I want this book but funds are not currently available.

Tewligan

First Post
Totally stat-free? Sweet! I can buy this for running a 1e game and not feel like I'm getting screwed on content because of the stats. Is it only PDF, or can I buy it in a bookstore as well?

EDIT: Never mind - just checked a little more closely, and it'll be available in hardback as well. Unabashed glee!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Given that they're going to provide stat books (or at least PDFs) for multiple systems, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to hear of an OSRIC or C&C PDF for this book at some point, making it of great use to 1E gamers.

CaptainChaos

First Post
Crothian said:
It is awesome!! :D

That's my first impression.

It's my continuing impression. Great book. Nice art, awesome maps. And though without stats, it's definitely a game book. Lots of adventure hooks and advice on how to use the city. Makes me want to start a new campaign.

Wolfspider

Explorer
ssampier said:
For someone running a D&D/d20 game is the lack of stats a minus?

I am really considering this book. I want to use Freeport in place of Sasserine for my version of Savage Tide.

This is what I've done in my game.

Remove ads