What happened?

Moggthegob

First Post
OOC: ok

She nods " Well I do not have any cash t ogive you but, I will give you 12 potions of cure light wounds, a tent and for the archivist I have few divine scrolls for you( Bull's strength and delay poison), and I will loan you an eternal wand of Cure Moderate wounds and an eternal wand of Identify. I expect to recieve the wands back, though if you do extremely well I may let you buy them from me for a discount.

Now let us go, the ship awaits.

She takes you out through a tunnel connected to the room and before long you are boarded on the Seaskimmer. It is pitch black outside as you leave this secluded cove in the Dagger River

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nice! :lol: My only item was already a CMW wand with few charges, but this means we hopefully will not need to use it, which is great. I assume these are usable by non-Bards? The RAW on Eternal Wands unfortunately makes them usable only by Arcane casters, but that never made any sense to me anyway, and as the GM, it is within your right to make custom magic items without any proposal--so your word is law ;))

"Thank you. That should be very helpful in keeping up our strength as we pursue the search. Lead and I will follow."

(OOC: Siobhan will suggest splitting the potions among the non-healers, giving perhaps a spare left-over to Seat if he wants it. She'll take the CMW Eternal Wand because she can't case CMW normally and Seat can. Seat can definitely have both scrolls and can learn or use them as desired)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
(...as the GM, it is within your right to make custom magic items without any proposal--so your word is law ;))
OOC: Insofar as those items stay w/in the thread.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Actually, not the case. We copy/pasted LEW rules. As in LEW, the Judges do have the ability to veto something that looks wonky, but otherwise, custom magic items are allowed as permanent treasure. They should generally be pretty close to normal items--if it is too powerful and weird (like an artifact), we need to propose it. So for instance, a Boots of Dexterity would be obviously fine)

Moggthegob

First Post
OOC: I have no problem with seat using the CMW wand These will stay in the thread unless they choose to buy them afterwards. She is a divine caster with air and chaos domains so i assumed...

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Does anyone cast arcane spells here? What is an 'eternal wand' by the way, for those of us who are Core gamers?

IC: Raven is reluctant to leave so soon, but understands that this is part of the secrecy. SHe had been wondering if she would be able to drop by the local house orien and find out any more information about this without violating her vow of secrecy. Oh well. That question is moot now.

OOC: How big is the seaskimmer? How many crew? Raven would prefer a cabin with only other women (Siobahn & Lilly in this case?).

We should divy up those magics. Seat gets the scrolls, then? The potions could go 2 to each?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: 3 uses per day. No total charge limit. Perhaps unintentionally, the writers, in my opinion, made a colossal blunder in making the Eternal Wands usable by all Arcane spell castes instead of being spell trigger like regular wands. This has the dual issue of letting Wizards use Cure Light Wounds and its ilk (it's a Bard spell) while letting Divine casters never use an Eternal Wand. Many GMs, Mogthegob included it seems, have either house-ruled it or never realised the terrible wording in the book and just always played the Eternal Wands as being spell trigger like a normal wand.

As for divvying, my suggested divvy is above--scrolls to Seat, Eternal Wand to Siobhan (Druids don't have the spell yet at level 3, so it's efficient), then CLW potions 3 each to the other 4 characters)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Its a 2/d 0th-3rd level command word item usable by arcane casters (even those w/o the spell on their list)

Remove ads