Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Are loot items okayed as part of the adventure approval process?

Rystil said:

Well, it usually isn't, but it "could" be. I know back when things started we had people say, "Hey, I'm going to put this doodad that's a bit better than usual treasure in there for the players. That ok?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Well, it usually isn't, but it "could" be. I know back when things started we had people say, "Hey, I'm going to put this doodad that's a bit better than usual treasure in there for the players. That ok?"
That's true. When I said No, I was answering the slightly different question of 'Must loot items be OKed in the approval process'. They don't need to be, but sometimes they are, especially if it's wacky. There is never harm in getting a few more heads together to decide what prices are fair. I mean, even WotC falls into that trap--there's some absolutely ridiculously gamebreakingly low prices for a few items in Magic Item Compendium, frex.

orsal

LEW Judge
Generally the adventure proposal includes a summary of rewards expected, including treasure. We don't generally expect a detailed inventory, and it's our discretion whether the summary submitted is enough to go on (if not, we sometimes request more details). In general, if a DM expects to be giving an unusual item, it's a good idea to include it in the proposal.

Bront

The man with the probe
FYI, the only exception to non-standard crafting rules requiring approval is combining two items into one, there are normal rules for that (Such as Gloves of Strength and Dex), and it's not a new unique item (like gloves of True Strike).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
FYI, the only exception to non-standard crafting rules requiring approval is combining two items into one, there are normal rules for that (Such as Gloves of Strength and Dex), and it's not a new unique item (like gloves of True Strike).
I think that's technically not true, nor is swapping to obviously legit chakra slots either (Belt of Con, frex), but they tend to be approved almost immediately.

Bront

The man with the probe
Quick question.

Is it all right if I steal a character who's left LEW as an NPC? She'd go away as that if she returned, but it's only fitting that Vantiri's "sis" is part of his new Freefolk caravan.

Which is ultimately open for PCs to join as well, btw :) I'll do a writeup of them specificly later, I still need L9 approval (and will promptly need L10 approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads