Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
1) No. We're not making changes/houserules that core to the system.

2) Possibly, you'd need a proposal. My guess would be probably not, but I'd want to see what you could come up with.

BigB

First Post
thegreyman said:
A quick idea or two to ask about.

1)Can 5 ranks in Craft(Trapmaking) grant a +2 bonus on Survival Checks for areas with abundant wildlife?

2) Would it be possible to design and build portable traps? This way, adventuring parties can set up a camp and protect themselves at the same time. Who hasn't been camping in the wilderness or dungeon and wanted to deter unwanted creatures? I'm not talking anything extremely deadly, but more on the lines of simple mechanical traps (maybe simple magical ones later).

Should these be built in a separate thread as a proposal?

ooc:p perimeter of claymore mines and tripwire? sounds familiar. Oh thats RL sorry.

Velmont

First Post
BigB said:
ooc:p perimeter of claymore mines and tripwire? sounds familiar. Oh thats RL sorry.

Bear traps. As it is mechanical, I am quite sur there is a thinker gnome somwhere who has created it.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Erekose13: Question for you. We had talked a while back about having Tenebrynn enchant some equipment for my character Phoenix if they happened to be in Orussus at the same time. Well, her ship just pulled into the dock and she's finally back roaming the streets. I know that Tenebrynn is now busy hosting a party, and I am guessing that something big is going to happen at said party leading to the immediate start of the Mega adventure. So my question is whether or not it's still possible (given the weird time factors of LEW) for them to hook up and spend some time enchanting these items. My next question would be what the cost of doing so would be. She has a MW Chain Shirt and a MW Hvy Steel Shield that she just finished crafting on the journey back to Orussus. I can and would like to contribut craft points to the enchanting if that's possilble (especially if it reduces the cost). I'd like to make each of the items +1.

Side note: if there is any other PC capable of helping Phoenix with this besides Tenebrynn, I'll take any offers. Thanks all.

Erekose13

Explorer
I think Tenebrynn might have a corner on the market of weapon/armor enchanting. Yup I think he is able to, because of said time weirdness. RA would be able to say better because I'm not certain whether we are in the Mega Adventure now that we are over in a different thread or not.

Tenebrynn's costs are as follows:
5% commission for using his feats and spells
7gp/XP that he has to pay
1gp/CP that he has to pay

So for your enchantments thats 2000gp market price for +1 on each piece of armor.
Base cost = 1000gp
Commission = 50gp
XP = 80*7 = 560gp
CP = 200*1 = 200gp (If you are paying the CP then you can discount this much, note it costs you 2*CP cost if you dont have the Craft feat)
Total = 1810gp if Tenebrynn is crafting it all himself. -200gp discount if Pheonix is contributing CP.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I think Tenebrynn might have a corner on the market of weapon/armor enchanting. Yup I think he is able to, because of said time weirdness. RA would be able to say better because I'm not certain whether we are in the Mega Adventure now that we are over in a different thread or not.

So for your enchantments thats 2000gp market price for +1 on each piece of armor.
Base cost = 1000gp
Commission = 50gp
XP = 80*7 = 560gp
CP = 200*1 = 200gp (If you are paying the CP then you can discount this much, note it costs you 2*CP cost if you dont have the Craft feat)
Total = 1810gp if Tenebrynn is crafting it all himself. -200gp discount if Pheonix is contributing CP.
Technically you are in the RP-heavy Mega-Adventure prelude. The council will start after we give people time to gather and mingle (think of this as the reception for the event, though unwittingly). It's a good time to catch up with old in-character friends, make some new ones, and have some fun RPing your character. Plus it gives some of the people just wrapping up games a chance to mosy on over. So yes, you can craft things now using CP, but you can't craft them using the in-adventure per-day rules.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Erekose13 said:

Base cost = 1000gp
Commission = 50gp
XP = 80*7 = 560gp
Okay, so if I pay 1610 GP and 400 Craft Points, we call it done? Do we need to do this IC somewhere or is saying here that it happens enough? If you have a storefront or something, I can go there if needed. Otherwise, I'll be happy to deduct the above amounts and say that it was great working with Tenebrynn to enchant these items. I'd also be happy to reccomend your services to anyone that asks (just in case you don't always have the market cornered).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Okay, so if I pay 1610 GP and 400 Craft Points, we call it done? Do we need to do this IC somewhere or is saying here that it happens enough? If you have a storefront or something, I can go there if needed. Otherwise, I'll be happy to deduct the above amounts and say that it was great working with Tenebrynn to enchant these items. I'd also be happy to reccomend your services to anyone that asks (just in case you don't always have the market cornered).
Tenebrynn technically has to pay half of the Craft points himself, so if he hopes to give you the full discount, that means he'll need to earmark a separate crafting project on which he uses your other 200, but otherwise, you're all set.

And while I think he doesn't have it cornered, per se, he is certainly the cheapest in town. Certainly Tenebrynn's prices are much lower than the only other PC crafter prices I've seen so far in LEW (Almayce).

Erekose13

Explorer
Nope no storefront, because he can only craft things when he is around, he only offers it while in town. I've really got to work out a deal with Rinaldo to advertise for him. Otherwise its just word of mouth (which works for Tenebrynn too).

Done deal. Thanks!

Tenebrynn gains 610gp and spends 80XP to craft for Pheonix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads