Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Caros

First Post
*nods nods at victim* Didn't mean to doubt ya, just thought the numbers were a little wonky. That said, you've given me an idea for the feat I'm taking this level *high fives.*

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Here are some of my proposed changes.

Skills (1pp spent): Concentration Rank +2, Search +1, Notice Rank +1

This way Miranda could use her power detect life-force power to search and spot people w/o having to rely just on her WIS bonus.

Free-be Points: +1 Attack (2 pp)

Powers (2pp spent):
Life-Force Detection: Super Senses 10 + 4 =14 Ranks. 9 + (4 -2) = [11pp]
Detect Life-Force and Detect Physical Condition (both ranged), Accurate, Acute, Extended Range (1,000 ft.), Penetrate Concealment, Radius; Drawbacks: Noticeable (eyes glow eerily), Reduced Range (Penetrate Concealment: 2 Increments max, -2)

This basically makes her able to sense life force within buildings/structures/underground etc. as long as they are within range 2 increments (2000 ft) from her location.

I also am going minor upgrades to my Bio Kinetic Powers Array. Basically if I had "unused" power points in an AP I boosted it so that they are near its max alloted point total (for efficiency reasons).

Unspent Points:
- 1 PP for Feat/Skill.
- 1 Free-bee PP.

kirinke

First Post
Victim said:
You need to specify what Ultimate Effort applies to. Same thing for Regen - it's bought per type of damage condition.

If Jemal had a problem with Accurate on Arrays, then I'd guess that Imp Crit in array would be even more problematic.

Some of your powers still lack ranks.

While it probably doesn't make a difference with the free points we have, comments on character creation from Jemal indicated that attack bonus substitute feats like Attack Focus come out the feat section, not the combat section - those points were supposed to encourage people to buy raw base attack/defense instead of using the cheaper feats.

Dex mod should be +3, not +2. Your skills and saves use the correct modifier.

It sort of seems weird for someone learning to control her powers and who mentions a lack of control, inherent non-user friendliness, and apparently little interest in leanring about them to have 13 rather distinct APs, some of which require exacting precision.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jack, we have PL 11/180 points. Based on the other characters we've run into, I'd say we're about still PL 8 comparatively though.

Your defensive roll is listed as 6 under your toughness section, and 4 in your feats.

It might be useful to note the total points your array covers in addition to the total cost of the array/APs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops. I figured that our QB wouldn't have been posting full round action if he'd been stunned. Inspire can be stupidly awesome, especially when buffing multiple people. It's really expensive for the person using it though. But yeah, her attack was correct - there was a reason her defense was a whole 11.

Not allowed to have weapons? Temper was planning on making or otherwise aquiring weapons as soon as she had time. Not like she's all that bothered by rules, however, especially since her power already puts conventional personal weapons to shame.

Hmm, XP...

Fully realizing an increase in PL would take those 5 points (and then some). On the other hand, I could throw a lot of points into skills too.

I assumed that our caps would increase to those of PL 12, but we're not getting 15 extra points since there's no automatic link between PL and power points.

Ahh, she had two years of practice in. Alot of the lack of control and non-user friendliness is coming from her parents, filtered through her viewpoint. To marines, 'home schooling' like she has done just doesn't cut it. She needs people who can help her learn 'real control'.

Victim

First Post
Accurate Attack is pretty nice too. I was planning on using that if it didn't seem like we getting Inspire. Since both foes were pretty dodge oriented, even a +9 hit would have good odds of doing damage.

Heh I think you looked at it before I finished editing the stats ^^

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I wrote half my post, did something else for a while, then came back and added sections based on the update.

drothgery

First Post
Victim said:
Oops. I figured that our QB wouldn't have been posting full round action if he'd been stunned. Inspire can be stupidly awesome, especially when buffing multiple people. It's really expensive for the person using it though. But yeah, her attack was correct - there was a reason her defense was a whole 11.

That's the main reason why he's got a lot of Luck; his key abilities are hero-point driven.

I think I want to redo Eric's Boost array into a Variable structure (from Ultimate Power), but I'm not quite sure how to set it up.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
So it's simply increasing our max PL on powers and such, while only gaining 5 free points, and 2 more points for skill/feats. Makes more sense then, and thanks for clearing that up.

Victim

First Post
drothgery said:
That's the main reason why he's got a lot of Luck; his key abilities are hero-point driven.

The Full round action is also pretty significant too. Using Inspire even once will generally take up a significant chunk of your actions for a fight. If he spends too much time buffing other people, and not acting himself, then Eric is more of a cheerleader than quarterback, right? :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Victim said:
The Full round action is also pretty significant too. Using Inspire even once will generally take up a significant chunk of your actions for a fight. If he spends too much time buffing other people, and not acting himself, then Eric is more of a cheerleader than quarterback, right? :)

But do remember, right before combat we can get into a "huddle" which is when he will be using his inspiration (so that we could start out the fight with a bonus).

Or he could do the Leonidas thing and spend a round during the middle of combat yell, "WE ARE X-MEN!" so that he could get us psyched.

Jemal

Adventurer
Relique - those changes look good.

Victim - Thanks muc for taking care of some of the issues while I was at work.

Fangor - Yep, that's right. The reason i increased the PL right away was so that you guys could start putting your points into stuff that you may have allready maxed, but then i gave you less than a full "level" worth of points so you wouldn't be able to max it all.. Aint I a stinker? :D Don't worry, you guys'll be getting more as we go.

Avalon - As I've told others, I'd prefer characters that are not based on combat, but if you have no other interesting ideas, post it up and I'll consider.

Kirinke/Jack - OK, still haven't gotten around to diagnosing characters, sry bout that, busy day.

All - Just one note, I haven't posted it before, but to anybody with impervious or planning on taking it, I'll ask that you don't have an Impervious score of more than 3/4 your total toughness score. (I believe that's what Temper has At the minute, 12 / 16)

Did I miss anything?

Avalon®

First Post
Jemal, I may have something else but I need an answer to these questions first?

Would most of the powers here be considered having the mutant descriptor?

How common would the mutant descriptor be? Common or Uncommon?

Remove ads