Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

kirinke

First Post
Jemal said:
Kirnike - GASP! Disparaging LIGHTNING LASS's name in such a manner!! :) j/k

I'm looking over characters, will get back to you.

Lol. It's still kinda a lame name.

Not that Electrica is much better, but Serena has an excuse in the fact that her brother gave her the name.

"Cool my sister is a mutant. Every mutant has a secret name right? What about Lightning girl or um.... Electrica yeah!"

(A 10 year old Darien to a 13 year old Serena.)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
kirinke said:
Lol. It's still kinda a lame name.

Not that Electrica is much better, but Serena has an excuse in the fact that her brother gave her the name.

"Cool my sister is a mutant. Every mutant has a secret name right? What about Lightning girl or um.... Electrica yeah!"

(A 10 year old Darien to a 13 year old Serena.)

Electrica would be awesome if she also was a raver.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Jack - You will NOT be allowed to bring weapons onto the school grounds for any reasons, so the equipment will have to be changed.

Can I have some form of sharp object/weapon? Kind of necessary to use the powers at all if you read the drawback.

Edit: Made edits to character, upgraded from pl 8 to pl 11. Was fine with playing a PL 8 though ^^ Especially since the focus isn't on fighting?

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jemal said:
Now, due to all that's happened so far, I'm increasing the PL to 12, and granting everybody 2 points for skills/feats, and 5 freebie points. Please inform me what you plan on doing with them. As well, If you wish to make changes to your characters, now's a good time.

Also, if anybody thinks they deserve extra credit for something (Or if you think somebody else does), now is the time to state your reasoning.

So, PL11 to PL 12 increase is granting a 15 point increase to spend. Then you are giving us 2 extra points to spend on skills/feats and 5 freebie points as well, for a total of 22 points? Just wanted to clarify that, before I think of things to purchase with them.

Ideas: Increase Container to get better Impervious.

kirinke

First Post
Okay. Now I'm confused. When I looked at the M&M guide, 180 PP was Pl12, not Pl11.

Exactly how many PP do we have to fiddle with? Is it still the original amount or what?

Shayuri

First Post
Krinke, Jemal's game is PL 11 (that is, all the maxes are at 11), but has an unusually high number of PP for that PL. This is so that we can afford some range to our stats and abilities, while still meeting PL caps.

Victim

First Post
You need to specify what Ultimate Effort applies to. Same thing for Regen - it's bought per type of damage condition.

If Jemal had a problem with Accurate on Arrays, then I'd guess that Imp Crit in array would be even more problematic.

Some of your powers still lack ranks.

While it probably doesn't make a difference with the free points we have, comments on character creation from Jemal indicated that attack bonus substitute feats like Attack Focus come out the feat section, not the combat section - those points were supposed to encourage people to buy raw base attack/defense instead of using the cheaper feats.

Dex mod should be +3, not +2. Your skills and saves use the correct modifier.

It sort of seems weird for someone learning to control her powers and who mentions a lack of control, inherent non-user friendliness, and apparently little interest in leanring about them to have 13 rather distinct APs, some of which require exacting precision.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jack, we have PL 11/180 points. Based on the other characters we've run into, I'd say we're about still PL 8 comparatively though.

Your defensive roll is listed as 6 under your toughness section, and 4 in your feats.

It might be useful to note the total points your array covers in addition to the total cost of the array/APs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops. I figured that our QB wouldn't have been posting full round action if he'd been stunned. Inspire can be stupidly awesome, especially when buffing multiple people. It's really expensive for the person using it though. But yeah, her attack was correct - there was a reason her defense was a whole 11.

Not allowed to have weapons? Temper was planning on making or otherwise aquiring weapons as soon as she had time. Not like she's all that bothered by rules, however, especially since her power already puts conventional personal weapons to shame.

Hmm, XP...

Fully realizing an increase in PL would take those 5 points (and then some). On the other hand, I could throw a lot of points into skills too.

I assumed that our caps would increase to those of PL 12, but we're not getting 15 extra points since there's no automatic link between PL and power points.

Remove ads