Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I think I am going to give Xi'an one more level of disintegrate (which, unfortunately, won't quite increase my healing rank), take the Melee Focus feat twice (spend some time in martial arts training), and also work on my self-defense skills, upping my base defense by a point.

+1 level disintegrate: 3pp
+1 base defense bonus: 2pp

Melee Focus 2: 2pp

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
For Future referance. What would be the benefit of taking Hide In Plain Sight if you have permanent selective concealment as a power?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
I think I know what I'm going to be using my unspent points on but I need to ask a question before I'm commit to those changes. What would be the benefit of taking Hide In Plain Sight if you have permanent selective concealment as a power?

Did I miss us getting some extra points to spend somewhere?

In any case, I think I want to replace Eric's 33-point Boost Array with a Boost Variable structure from Ultimate power; if you'll let me apply flaws to the whole structure, I'd give the structure a 1-step action improvement to make reconfiguring a move action, and give all powers the Emotional and Others Only flaws, so a rank 11 structure would cost 33 points, and give me 55 points to work with for each configuration.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I think I decided on what to spend my remaining points on. For sure I'm going placing my Feat/Skill point on Accurate Attack. Unfortunately, I'll need a bit of clarification before the remaining freebie point (hence my previous question about hiding in plain sight).

Situation: Character with the sneak attack feat uses Accurate attack when making a surprise attack. Which of the following formulas would be used to determine the character's damage bonus?

1) Damage = (Base Damage + Sneak attack Bonus) - Accurate Attack Trade Off
2) Damage = (Base Damage - Accurate Attack Trade Off) + Sneak Attack Bonus

Jemal

Adventurer
Avalon - Well, it is a mutant campaign, so you are mutants, and hence your powers would be mutant powers. As for how common it is, why does it matter?

Relique - The only benefit would be allowing you to hide from people who can see invisible creatures.
Also, with your damage formulas - Since there's no multiplication or division, both would have the same result. order of operation doesn't matter if it's all addition/subtraction.
Example:
Base damage 5, sneak attack 2, accurate attack 3.
formula 1 = (5+2)-3 = 7-3 = 4
formula 2 = (5-3)+2 = 2+2 = 4

Drothgery -As Relique said, you guys just gained a power increase. :)

Shaggy - Looks good.

Jemal

Adventurer
Kirinke, Regarding Your character:
Please include math on saves/attack bonus, instead of just the final result, so I know what the base is and where the totals are comign from.

the points you get for 'combat/saves' do not pay for feats that you used to increase your combat potential, those come out of your feat pool. Speaking of which, I don't see any such feats listed.
OH, and what's the +10 'electrical shield' you have listed under toughness? If that's a forcefield of some sort it should be listed under powers..

I'm going to say no to taking the luck feat. I've granted it as a bonus to a couple individuals, but the only one I remember allowing to take it was Drothgery b/c hero points (and using them for his feats) are the basis of his character.

How do Ultimate Fortitude save and Jack of all trades fit into the character concept?

As far as your powers go, I'm going to say no to Transmit, as well as not allowing Light control, Create objects, or Telekinesis as Alternate powers. You'll have to buy those seperately (And describe how they fit into your mutation)
Also, why does someone who's mutation is electrical regenerate and fly?

Also, Please state what trade-offs you'd like for your character, if any.

kirinke said:
Hah. I'll work on a lightning/electrical based one. When I created that one, I hadn't read all of the posts since I last posted.

Alright.
Here's Electrica So far

Character Name..................Electrica (Nickname, Sparks, Sparky)
Concept............................Electricity Controller
Quotation.........................Electricity hurts. Alot.
Real Name........................Serena Weaver
Identity...........................Secret
Hero/Villain......................Hero

Origin...................Mutant
Allegiance.............Good, Family, Friends
Motivation............Acceptance, Responsibility

Gender....female
Age........15
Height.....5ft 6inches tall
Weight...Slender, graceful
Hair....... black with two white streaks coming from her temples down
Eyes......Vibrant Green

Occupation...........Student
First Appearance.....The House that Xavier Built
Nationality..............USA
Ethnicity................Caucasian

ABILITIES
Str: 15 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Cha: 12 (+1)
PP spent: 25

SAVES
Fort: 6
Refl: 8
Will: 10
PP spent: 18

Defense: 7
Flatfooted: 4
PP spent 14

Toughness: 1+10 Electrical Shield = 11
PP Spent 10

Base attack: 5
Ranged 11 (6 feat bonus + 5 base)
PP Spent 16

Initative: +2 +4 feat bonus = +7
Hero Points: 1 + 3 Luck Bonus = +4

FEATS:
Fighting Style: Judo (Accurate atack, defensive attack, improved disarm, improved grab, improved pin, improved trip, stunning attack). Luck +3. Improved Initative. Teamwork. Uncanny Dodge. Ultimate Effort (ultimate fortitude Save). Precise Shot. Quick Change. Jack of All trades
PP SPENT: 17

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+11)
Computers 4 (+7)
Concentration (+2)
Diplomacy 8 (+9)
Escape Artist 4 (+7)
Medicine 4 (+6)
Notice 4 (+6)
Perform String Instruments 4 (+5)
Knowledge
-Popular Culture 4 (+7)
-Streetwise 4 (+7)
-Tactics 4 (+7)
-History 4 (+7)
LANGUAGES:
English (default language)
-Italian
-Greek
-German
-Japanese
PP SPENT: 15

ELECTRICAL POWERS RANK 16
Electrical Control
Light Control
Ball lightning Rank 13 (Indirect, Precise, homing)
Dazzle Rank 15 (Indirect)
Drain Electricity Rank 8
Electricial Aura Rank 8
Machine Animation
Electrical Stun Rank 7
Transmit
Electrical Absorption (limited to electricity)
Continuous Create Objects (light): Rank 10 Innate, tether, snare, movable, Precise
Data Link
Telikensis Rank 15. Precise. Noticable (the tractor beam effect)
(By using her electrical power, she can create a 'field' of sorts around an object and manipulate it that way)
PP SPENT 32: +13ap= 45

INDEPENDANT POWERS
Regeneration 5 Bruised, unconscious
Regeneration 4 Injured, Staggered
Flight: 5, flaw, Platform
PP SPENT: 20

I have 1 point left, not sure where to put them.....

HISTORY
Hiya, the name's Serena Weaver, but most folks call me Sparks, or Sparky, kinda a nickname for my codename Electrica. Lame I know, but my little brother gave me the monicker and it stuck. Jimminy.... Little brother's are such a pain.

Anywayz, I control electricity and I can sorta control light because well light and electricity are apart of the same spectrum or somethin another. I dunno. I didn't pay much attention in Physics.... Oooo what a lecture I got from Ms. Storm about that lemme tell ya.

Well, both my parents are Marines, I have a little brother named Darien like I said. I grew up mostly on army bases and overseas. Did I tellya I was born in Japan? Kinda makes me a dual citizn type thing, but I kinda like America. Japan's way too crowded anyway.

Well for the most part, my life has been pretty dull, that is until I hit my thirteenth birthday. It was um... I think a week after my party that it started. I was headed home with my brother. Some bullies from his school started messing with him and I got mad. I mean really furious, because they just wouldn't leave us alone.

That's when it happened. I got so mad that electricity started building up and up around me, to where it evenually formed into this ball. When I got distracted, it exploded, knocking the bullies out. Not to mention my brother. I really am sorry about that. Even though he's a pain in the rear-end, he's still my bro, y'know? So me and him decided not to tell my parents about it and I worked on control, I mean I'm pretty good now. But I guess there still is room for improvement.

So about two years passed before Xavier found out about me using that Cebero thingamagumi. He sent some folks to see my folks who were right surprised about it, because well me and my bro had been pretty good about concealing my powers from them. Boy was there a blow up about that lemme tell ya, but it was more about the fact that I concealed it from them than anything else. I mean, they still love me and always will but kids with dangerous powers need some outside tutalege, that's what they said and well I've been lucky so far, but I figure they're right. Luck vs training.... Training is always better. So here I am at Xavier's school of the weird and strange....

Wait a second, did that kid have scales?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Anybody else need anything? any characters I haven't looked over yet? (BTW those of you who've proposed characters, please post them in the RG so I don't have to search through this thread to find and review them)

Remove ads