The big announcement: 4dventure

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Chaldfont said:
I don't want to get in the way of your 4-jokes or even stop someone quoting timecube (cause I loves me some timecube), but I was reading the Gen Con program tonight deciding what to do and there's a full page add about this.

4dventure, Thursday 6:30pm, Sagamore Ballroom.

There's a bunch of dice all on 4 and the watermark is of the dragon '&' symbol in "D&D".

SPOILER!

Friadoc

Explorer
johnnype said:
I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep tonight.

We're such geeks.

Oddly enough, I was thinking the exact same thing.

That and I've talked with various people who seem to know what is about to be announced, but don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, yet it is SOOoooOOOOO hard for me not to bug the snot out of them.

Fortunately one of them is off the grid today, so I couldn't get ahold of him to save my life.

See, this is why I really want in the industry, emotion and economic paycheck aside, I just wanna know stuff first. ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Xyxox said:
So if there is no 4.0 version of the SRD released under the OGL, will that mean D&D development will fork?

It'll mean that the Creature Catalog will get a chance to catch up, since it won't be able to convert all the monsters to 4e! :eek:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
While I suspect the 4e announcement speculation might be correct, I just had a totally different thought as to what they might mean by "4D":

D+D Digital Domain - or something similar - DDDD - 4D.

In other words, what they're promoting is nothing more than the D+D wing of Gleemax. This would also explain why the D+D wing of the main WotC site is down; if it's in process of being moved into Gleemax...

Lane-"throwing another log on the speculative fire"-fan

Remove ads