Lets find the Location for our CON!

THE MAP - I have vaguely entered the points of which people that posted there locations, are. I knows the marks are not exact, some may not be close, but mostly only states were given. Please do not nitpick over the spots on the map.

Okay!!! Here is a visual aid, I like to have them, its just easier then people trying to visualize or do themselves. I think that everyone should put in a suggestion for the location based on the (vaguely placed) marks, so please post what you think might be an ideal location. We will be voting on them.

Please be fair, I know everyone would like to have it in their own back yard, but we do not have that luxury. As said, a more centralized location would be helpful.

Go hear for the map if you would like a poor visual aid. The red marks represent players: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v505/Winter01/?action=view&current=united_states_pol02.jpg

Last edited:

Kallikrates

First Post
Kansas does seem like a good place to have it. Right in the middle of the U.S.

But this all depends on who can actually attend.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I had to read the names to figure out where Kansas was...lucky someone said the middle or I woulda started somewhere else! :p

Good to see I dont even rate *sniffles*

That's okay, a plane ticket to the west coast is cheaper than the east so to the middle does kinda sound alright.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Ooo, it seems we are moving along. Hmm, I like Kansas as well, but normally I just follow the crowd. THOUGH I think somewhere centralized would be best... like Kansas. o_O

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
\Good to see I dont even rate *sniffles*

Course you rate, hun. If all goes well, some year we'll go to Australia. I'd like that, anyway.

Anyway, it looks like there are a lot of people in the east (which doesn't surprise me). Kansas may be more literally centralized in the US, but, I think we may want to shoot for something more eastern, to be closer to more potential participants.
I know it can't be in everyone's back yard, but, tweaking to the east actually puts it closer to being in more people's back yard. Plus, I think it would be easier on planning if it were held in a state where at least one of us lives. Coordination will be difficult enough - but, finding a place and getting everything set up will be complicated, especially if whoever is doing the set up has to do so across several state lines. Internet makes that easier, but, being in person would probably help.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

We are conforming to the mass of the group to try to make it fair to -everyone- not just the clusters that are close together. It would be a pity to make it a skip for some and a cross country trip for others. Just trying to be fair. If you think a closer state is better just offer it, then through a poll, we will choose.

Ruthia

First Post
What about Kentucky? Thats kinda in the middliesh of most those blobs. (Oh and Brutal love, John and I live in Western New York, so more toward Canada. No where near New York City *shudders* Great place to visit, wouldn't wanna live there though. Thats City is crazy!) The Virgina's are kinda in the middle too. I know from where I live for example it's a ten hour drive to Virginia beach, Thats with skirting major cities for us country bumpkins who hat cities. AND if I rememeber right it's roughly the same distance for people from Florida to drive to Virginia as well.

Reason I mention Drive times is cause, well....some people would look into Driving rather then flying inevitably.

Ruthia

First Post
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
(*cries.. * nit pickers!! its a vague map.. vague mapping of where peeps is located.. *cries*)

(*cuddles Brutal*)

I do got one thing to add. Kansas....GAH! *hides* I don't wanna be in the middle of Tornado Alley durning Tornado season! It's bad enough I live at the tail end of it.

Course then again the East coast has Hurrican season.....

West Coast gets wild Fires.....

hhmmm..... Lets do it in Canada!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases