Lets find the Location for our CON!

Babylon Logos

First Post
Sienna_Rose said:
Plus, I think it would be easier on planning if it were held in a state where at least one of us lives.

Erhem, I -DO- live in Kansas. Manhattan KS to be exact, 55 minutes south (going the speed limit) from the state Capitol, Topeka.

Ruth - Kansas hardly ever gets Tornados, it's a load of crock created by Hollywood. Maybe one every five years. We actually have fewer Tornados than Ohio. And Ohio isn't in the alley.

As for KS not being Centralized, it's about a 14 hour drive from anywhere, New England excluded. A 129 dollar round trip plane ticket into Kansas City from any Midwest Airline, which has daily flights to KC. It's actually the easiest location for someone in North America to access.

But that's me defending my Home state.

Last edited:

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Babylon Logos said:
Erhem, I -DO- live in Kansas. Manhattan KS to be exact, 55 minutes south (going the speed limit) from the state Capitol, Topeka.

Ruth - Kansas hardly ever gets Tornados, it's a load of crock created by Hollywood. Maybe one every five years. We actually have fewer Tornados than Ohio. And Ohio isn't in the alley.

As for KS not being Centralized, it's about a 14 hour drive from anywhere, New England excluded. A 129 dollar round trip plane ticket into Kansas City from any Midwest Airline, which has daily flights to KC. It's actually the easiest location for someone in North America to access.

But that's me defending my Home state.

There was no red dot in Kansas, which is why I mentioned that.

And it's a 10 hour drive (or more) to get out of TX, no matter anywhichway ;).
But, it doesn't make me no never mind where the convention is held, as I likely won't be able to travel anywhere. I'm just trying to be helpful and throw some ideas out there.

Babylon Logos

First Post
Sienna_Rose said:
There was no red dot in Kansas, which is why I mentioned that.

And it's a 10 hour drive (or more) to get out of TX, no matter anywhichway ;).
But, it doesn't make me no never mind where the convention is held, as I likely won't be able to travel anywhere. I'm just trying to be helpful and throw some ideas out there.

Ah, but from North Texas to Wichita Kansas is only 3.5 hours.

Someone stated something to me that I really wanted to say, as a reason for having the Con/Event in a place that is fair in a travel sense for everyone.

This is our first con, and well a good turn out would be great just to see if it kicks off, so it would be best to make it in a place that its reasonable of a distance for everyone.

if this kicks off and we have another, then maybe we can rorate from east coast or west coast.. what ever you all want.

Imreis

First Post
It probably isn't going to go over well with some people but I will suggest it anyways. Why not the people closer to the west coast host one for those people, the people on the east coast host one there? Heck have a third centrally located if you want too. This way people have a choice to go to? this accounts for people who cant fly/drive a full distance.

So the 6 people can get to gether on the west coast, the 20 people can get together on the east coast, and what the central two or three can get together?

... isn't that the same as the majority getting what they want, and leaving those few people that would make it complicated out? (no different then some closed storyline in isrp)

How is any of that idea, fair thinking at all, or even realistic. I am sure the single person in california would not fly or drive to Washington to meet two or three people, or visa versa.

You understand the appeal of this right? To meet other players, learn who they are, mingle and get to know them, share information, which ever.

Last edited:

Kallikrates

First Post
I have to disagree with you Imreis as we are all supposed to meet together. Kind of difficult if try to have more than one get together.

No matter though, for I understand what you're getting at.
Will those who actually have to travel a long distance do so?

Who knows except those people.

Cloaked Woman

First Post
the point is there will be one convention its what was discussed. but unfortantly you do need to look at where the majority of the people are. I'm not saying to have it on the East Coast but we do need to take into consideration where the majority are from, cause if you ignore what people say, jump down their throats and what not for suggesting something they you will turn them away from wanting to attend.
I don't mind the idea of a centralized location, but depending on where it is I may not be able to attend.

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Now now, let's keep our cool you guys. If we want this to work we need to be working as a team, not arguing as individuals. So let's be nice and plan this out. And I'm sorry, but I have to agree... If we chose a place somewhere where we think it will be equal traveling distance for everyone, that means that the majority that lives elsewhere might not show. So maybe we need to vote on this issue as well. Where to locate it, where the majority are or where the travel would be equal.

if anyone read the threads beginning they would see that I asked for suggestions of states and areas that it would best be held at. Then with the picks, there would be a poll held, thats it.

Though when reading through the threads, even people marked on the map, 40% have doubts about being able to attend, the others speaking of school, money, parents, time, and travel. The markings are who gave their locations, not exactly mean they will be able to attend.

33 people in the states(then including the out of state), out of 60+ that voted, and there are still those that do not even know its going on.

Some of you say already do to distance you would not be able to go even though it might only be a few hundred miles, that also goes for those that will now have to travel all the way across country.

I don't want to lose anyone over the distance travelled, to me its not an acceptable loss at all.

Last edited:

Remove ads