Lets find the Location for our CON!

I look at it this way -if- the east coasters are having a hard time with travel thoughts to 'central' US, how do you think the west coasters would feel about travelling all the way across the country?

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Solve the problem. Everyone fly to Australia. No matter where you're from the fee will only change by like 10%. XD Mind you 10% of 5k is a bit much!

So yes, I'm kidding.

Honestly, the way I look at this, is that you aren't gonna -ever- accommodate everyone. You might as well give up on that idea right now. You will lose more participants trying to make everyone happy than if you just bite your tongue and opt for the option of making a 'few' unhappy. Then at least you -know-...and it's always better to know cause then you can make arrangements to make it easier for the unhappy few.

And besides, we've got a year of saving up to do. A year of steady planning ahead. Probably a year of fundraising. You're all worried about the expenses of getting there and losing sight of the fact that the most expensive part (for most folks who aren't like me and have to travel round the world) will be what they do/spend while they're there.

Personally I'm going for the holiday, ISRP-con is just the excuse to go! I been sayin' I'm gonna come over for years. Now I may just dare to do it!

Kallikrates

First Post
Yes....make as many people as happy as possible is sensible.

Sense this will hopefully be a rotating convention.

So the Eastern US the first time and the Western US the second time.

Wait...I'm....I'm....I'm optimistic enough to presume there will be a second convention!!!

I must be sick!!! :p

Anyway I'm going to go ahead and say that this has to be held in the Eastern US even though I had typed earlier that it doesn't matter which of the continental states it is held in, but a decision has to be made.

Someone else's opinion please.

Going to keep this really simple, on friday I am going to open a new thred based on the -'suggested'- places for it to be held, no matter the location, everyone will get to vote. So if you have a suggested place, post it. This thread poll will start friday 10-12-07

Another thing, there are posts that complain about certain east coast suggestions from those living on the east coast. So I believe everyone will have a complain no matter where it is held, lets all just post our suggestions, then we can vote on them. Please be realistic when offering them up. Thanks

Kallikrates

First Post
I don't know about complaints, but I just posts facts.

By now everyone should know that I will vote against any state in the Southeast.

No matter. We will see once the poll is up.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I have to admit, I dont really -care- so long as there's an international airport somewhere there.

I wonder if my license will be valid. You guys drive on the -wrong- side of the road...sit on the -wrong- side of the car. It's a wonder that your pedals arn't around the wrong way! :p

And, uhm, can I request that when ya put up the states as options, that you gimme a vague idea of where they are, ie, middle, east, west, south or north. Coz otherwise I'm gonna spend hours looking!

Babylon Logos

First Post
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
I look at it this way -if- the east coasters are having a hard time with travel thoughts to 'central' US, how do you think the west coasters would feel about travelling all the way across the country?

Seriously, all we Central Staters are asking is a 900 mile drive, two hour plane trip from the East Coasters. And you guys can't make that, but you want the West Coasters to fly eight hours, across country, but won't come to the concideration that someplace like Kansas or Missouri, two states that share an INternational AIrport in Kansas City. Something that most of the West Coasters are agreeing to no less.

The fact of the matter is that as of right now, the central states are the best locale offered. We have all the fun stuff the East and West coasts have, and we're equidistant from everyone. Just because we're in the middle of the countyry doesn't mean we're all cornfields and cows. My hometown in Kansas has more nightlife than most of the East Coast cities I've been to. And take into consideration that due to my school choices, I'm currently stuck in the bland and boring hell that is Pittsburgh PA . . . Pittsburg KS has more to it, and it's a sixteenth the size . . .

Ariel - Yes, your DL is valid. ANd for Kansas, look in the middle. Literally, point to the state that seems like it's in the middle of the US. On it's right is Missouri.

Remove ads